Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've replaced my rear turn signals with LEDs and am now getting the usual hyperflashing issue. In NA it's an easy fix with something like the TST flasher relay. However in NZ we have a different style flasher relay.

Does anyone electronics guru know which part I can purchase that would be plug and play to replace the relay below?

Automotive wheel system Font Auto part Metal Automotive tire

Finger Thumb Nail Circuit component Metal
Finger Thumb Nail Fashion accessory Electric blue

Attachments

· Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually, I'm starting to think my plug is the same as the US plug. Can someone from the US please confirm this?

The TST relay for the US socket is below. It looks like it would plug into the male connector above.

Automotive lighting Rectangle Bag Luggage and bags Bumper

· Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For anyone from AU/NZ who ends up having the same question I had. The 2021 model's flasher relay plug is the same as the US plug. I ended up ordering one of these and it plugged straight in, no issues! Very happy.
Data transfer cable Adapter Microphone Adapter Ac adapter

· Registered
18 Posts
I've replaced my rear turn signals with LEDs and am now getting the usual hyperflashing issue. In NA it's an easy fix with something like the TST flasher relay. However in NZ we have a different style flasher relay.

Does anyone electronics guru know which part I can purchase that would be plug and play to replace the relay below?

View attachment 69541

View attachment 69543 View attachment 69545
Hey, wasnt able to dm since new to site. Great help, also from nz and planning to replace the front indicators with LEDs, have you by chance done this too? Looks like it'll be a wire splicing job due to being different connections ofc 🙄.

· Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey, wasnt able to dm since new to site. Great help, also from nz and planning to replace the front indicators with LEDs, have you by chance done this too? Looks like it'll be a wire splicing job due to being different connections ofc 🙄.
Yup, I installed front and rear LEDs and a flasher relay to slow down the hyperflashing (I've DM'd you the links to what I bought).

On my 2021 R3 the stock lights use bullet terminals. So what I did was cut the terminals off the stock lights and then solder and heat shrink them to the new ones (See image below). From memory my old 2018 R3 didn't use bullet terminals so I just hardwired them in by cutting and soldering.
Electric blue Gadget Wire Cable Plastic

· Registered
1 Posts
Yup, I installed front and rear LEDs and a flasher relay to slow down the hyperflashing (I've DM'd you the links to what I bought). On my 2021 R3 the stock lights use bullet terminals. So what I did was cut the terminals off the stock lights and then solder and heat shrink them to the new ones (See image below). From memory my old 2018 R3 didn't use bullet terminals so I just hardwired them in by cutting and soldering. View attachment 69603
Hey Dreadwil, I'm in the exact same boat. TST lights, flasher relay, etc. Would you be able to link the parts you bought to resolve this please?

· Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Dreadwil, I'm in the exact same boat. TST lights, flasher relay, etc. Would you be able to link the parts you bought to resolve this please?
This is the one that plugged straight into mine. It's dependent on what year your bike is and where in the world you are. I believe most US bikes have the 2 pin style (not like mine).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts