Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone
I am new to the forums, very awesome to find these. I bought my first bike, a 2019 R3 brand new In January of 2020. Rode it till mid March when I went out on a long ride, was going around a curve and a vulture was on the side of the road. Long story short I looked at the vulture and being a new rider I didn't swerve when it flew into my lane. When I approached the vulture started flying. Like I said before it flew right into my lane at the same time I started to stand the bike up from my lean. Took that 15lb bird at 60mph straight to the chest, looked down at it's head that was now sitting in my lap and then went off into the ditch and flipped the bike along with me! After being taken to the hospital and scanned I am okay, thank God! (The bird didn't make it). I am now in the process of rebuilding my R3! All my plastics were broken and a list of other things! Figured now would be a good time to start upgrading the bike since I have it torn apart. When I get the police report I will post the pictures!

·
Registered
54 Posts
what a story.. i'm glad you're ok dude

1 - 2 of 2 Posts