Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
That is hard on the clutch and the fork seals.
Good to know the R3 can beat a scooter.
:laugh:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I call BS on the times and top speed.

Best I ever got was 150kmph top speed and 8 second 0-100 times.
How much does this guy weigh?

For the record I'm 265lb or 120kg and have a 45l top box mounted on the back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I weigh 117 Kgs. I have reached upto 162 Kmph on level road. At that stage I still had more than 1000 rpms to go before the upper limit.

The 0-100 times are around >9 secs for me. Though that is more due to my gear shifting inadequacies rather than something to do with the bike.

regards,
Jawed

·
Registered
542 Posts
I hit 180 kmh (112 mph) with a light tail wind the other day. My speedo is accurate to within 1% or so. Full tuck, 180 lbs in gear, with saddlebags mounted. Haven't timed a 0-60, but it's pretty quick.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Could be, 150km/h seems way too slow. Aerodynamics are actually pretty awful on motorbikes to start with (that's why they use more fuel than they 'should').
PS: I didn't realise old Johnny Howard rode bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
all the more incentive for me to drop a few pounds...targeting to drop below 110 kgs within the next 2 months...hopefully it will add around 10 kmph to top speed for me.

regards,
jawed

·
Registered
53 Posts
I weigh 117 Kgs. I have reached upto 162 Kmph on level road. At that stage I still had more than 1000 rpms to go before the upper limit.

The 0-100 times are around >9 secs for me. Though that is more due to my gear shifting inadequacies rather than something to do with the bike.

regards,
Jawed
I've reached 115mph, I weigh 50kg lol

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I tried to clutch up it today. Been doing it for the last few days actually lol. Anyone with tips on clutch ups for a 250? On my 600 or 650 it's pretty easy. I rev the little 250 to 8k and drop the clutch but only get like 6 inches off the ground. Pretty lame.

Been wanting to install my Brembo caliper before deployment again. Still waiting on the parts/time to do so. My bike is almost done with all performance mods. I think the last piece is a rear shock, but right now I want to do a track day first to see how much I dislike the stock shock. The Ohlins fork cartridges are already proving their worth, even for my mostly commuting miles so far. I can't wait to take it to the track. Last canyon run I did was on stock internals.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I tried to clutch up it today. Been doing it for the last few days actually lol. Anyone with tips on clutch ups for a 250? On my 600 or 650 it's pretty easy. I rev the little 250 to 8k and drop the clutch but only get like 6 inches off the ground. Pretty lame.

Been wanting to install my Brembo caliper before deployment again. Still waiting on the parts/time to do so. My bike is almost done with all performance mods. I think the last piece is a rear shock, but right now I want to do a track day first to see how much I dislike the stock shock. The Ohlins fork cartridges are already proving their worth, even for my mostly commuting miles so far. I can't wait to take it to the track. Last canyon run I did was on stock internals.
So I've been trying to clutch up this little 250 for about a week now, 2-3 tries on my way home from work everyday. I can't get it more than a few inches off the ground. Anyone with tips? I saw Jake the garden snakes video and he is revving to around 5k and dropping the clutch. I go to 8k and can't get anywhere near as high as or as long of a wheelie as him. Bet luck I had was when I had a back pack full of crap and that probably helped change the weight distribution just enough to get it up, but still was just a baby wheelie regardless.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Forget about "clutching it up." Click it in 2nd gear, stand up, and give the bike a good bounce, not just the front, but evenly between the front and rear. Once the bike starts coming back up from the bounce, crack the throttle and pull up. I run taller gearing than stock, and would have no problem flipping an R3 over backwards.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well. I usually start rolling the r3 around 10-15 mph. Then grab the clutch with one finder (index) and give some throttle to around 10 or 11k rpm snap out the clutch (quickly) and get plenty of rise from the front. All on 1st gear. You prob not gonna get much around 2nd gear. I just don't get much power. Clutch, throttle, clutch is all you need

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Well. I usually start rolling the r3 around 10-15 mph. Then grab the clutch with one finder (index) and give some throttle to around 10 or 11k rpm snap out the clutch (quickly) and get plenty of rise from the front. All on 1st gear. You prob not gonna get much around 2nd gear. I just don't get much power. Clutch, throttle, clutch is all you need
Thanks! Got any videos, or any chance of one? This is exactly what I need. I am doing what you do bt at 8krpm instead. I get it up but not for long and only a few inches. I would imagine is is also slightly different in rpm for an R25. Another thing is, a different poster on YouTube is doing it at only 5krpm.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts