Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am looking forward to start riding my new R3. Coming from a Ninja, I am excited for more torque. I thought I was going to stay in the Ninja line of motorcycles, but after a small debate, I decided to go with a 2015 R3. For the price of a used Ninja 300, I was able to get a new R3 plus a 5 year warranty from the dealership. I hope to meet up with fellow R3 riders in So Cal. I am in the San Fernando Valley, And also Ventura county .

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Hello! I'm in SoCal. Go bump the SoCal roll call page if you haven't. I myself came off a Ninja. A bigger one though. It was my 4th ninja so I had to try something different lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome! Interested to hear what you think, because originally I was stuck on getting the ninja 300, researching for months on them. Then i saw and sat on the r3 in person and knew it had to be mine. Let us know the differences you notice when you ride it!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Nike Bike just Picked mine up a three weeks ago here in Pasadena got about 270 miles on it. Its breaking it in is shifting smoother and new smell ( burn) is gone away from the engine. I got the Black/Red 600 miles is coming up soon $260 at the dealer to check bike and change oil make sure all is good. Got my first bill from Yamaha its like a credit card bill. Funny if you pay $78.00 minimum payment you will pay 19,000.00 in interest. Im paying it off in 6 months 1299.00 payments per month. and I financed the extended warranty and helmut pants boot jacket and the cloves were free because he forgot to add that in. I really love this bike its not the fastest but it goes faster then I would like to go. Easy to handle and looks sharp. Going to add lic plate set up and new pipe when its paid off in six months. Unless I can't wait lol. Be safe out there and watch out for the crazy car phone/texting people.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
For all you SoCal riders. There is a local website for us called socalsportbikes.org. Good place to find new meetups, talk bikes, get help working on your bike, a mystery box floating around, etc. Lots of fun stuff

If anyone is in San Diego, hit me up for a ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts