Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the forum needs a section on Bike Safety and Bike Clothing /Gear (helmets, boots, gloves, suits, 2-piece, leather vs textile)

We will get a lot of new riders on the site, whcih will explode next year.
We will have a duty to help them with safety and getting the right gear (ATGATT).
There will be a lot of these types of questions as well.

just my 2p...

Cheers:)

·
Administrator
327 Posts
Hey there,

I have let the mods know about your suggestion.

Thank you so much :)

~ GP community support

·
Registered
665 Posts
Great suggestion, a section like that is needed on all motorcycle forums, it's information like that which cannot be stressed enough.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe in light of this, we should have a section of guys who crash without gear. This in my opinion encourages proper gear wear, as well as educates our riders.
Yeah, more doable, we can copy 'n' paste some articles on the web about the dangers of squidding with words and pics from those who have suffered the misfortune of a fall.

I will pop in there later to add some.

·
Administrator
327 Posts
Looks like we are good to go, first things first though, where do you guys think the section should be placed? Also, what kind of description should go underneath the title?

-Marie, Community Support

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
It could be a separate forum on the Board or would work with Ownership/Garage Build Area or under the Tech section.
R3 Racing -
-Track and Race Builds, Parts and Modifications
-Track Days/Schools
-Racing Results

·
Registered
856 Posts
R3's at Speed, similar to the Ninjette forum.
Maybe under Tech talk, or would be good if its as separate as possible or it will be inundated with 'Which slipon exhaust' threads and the like.

We don't want to hog the forum too much as its a small percentage of members,
Thanks @Stirz and @YamahaR3Admin

·
Registered
717 Posts
See the "Likes and Dislikes " thread started a couple weeks ago by the moderators in general discussion. I personally would like to see a specific racer forum. (so that Stirz can chuckle at me in a more private setting)

·
Registered
856 Posts
See the "Likes and Dislikes " thread started a couple weeks ago by the moderators in general discussion. I personally would like to see a specific racer forum. (so that Stirz can chuckle at me in a more private setting)
All for a dating section,

Only for USA girls (Cali and Texas preferred) with that sexy accent who want to date an ageing but fast Aussie racer.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Any option and/or functions, that can stop the tread spammers.. There are some different opportunities to prevent the jack-ass to spam the forum with nonsense treads.

There are some Anti-spam plugins for the forum-modules and / or some restrictions to make for new members.. I know that some of them will be a kind of hassle for real true members.. but if we can get some kind of balance between letting new members become true members with the opportunity to create new treads and also avoid the fake new members to spam with treads. .

Some of the restrictions that can be turn on/off (regarding to the forum software : (I know you have some of them installed already)

. CAPTCHA
. Require email confirmation before allowing someone to post.
. Enable anti-spam plugins.
. Restriction for how many "hours-to-wait" the member has to wait after "true member confirmation " and the options to create new treads.
. Detection/monitoring for multiply attempt within "minutes / hours / etc" based on username, words/characters in subject, IP-address and so on..
. ETC..

My point is.. there a several options to prevent/ make is harder for the spammers to do "their job" and hopefully they find it to hard for them to spam, and "go away/ find some other places to be."

I would gladly help you finding some methods and solutions for the best setup, since I have some experience from other forums.
Anyway I truly hope that the forum admins can get rid of the spamming. :)

kind Regards
Mafdk

·
Registered
717 Posts
All for a dating section,

Only for USA girls (Cali and Texas preferred) with that sexy accent who want to date an ageing but fast Aussie racer.
funny, I was thinking ONLY Aussie girls with their sexy accent (...and, of course, black magic love spells). LOL

·
Registered
856 Posts
funny, I was thinking ONLY Aussie girls with their sexy accent (...and, of course, black magic love spells). LOL

Grass is always greener on the other side n all that :)

I have track and racing friends in Dallas and LA.
Evey year I say I'm comin to America, and everyone loves an Aussie adventure.

Maybe due to networking on r3 forums some international holidays, track days, even racing can be organized and the favour returned. :)

·
Registered
856 Posts
And ive worked out who the spammers are,

It just disgruntled folk who bought orange bikes made in India.
Their bikes snapped in half, the wheels fell off, and the engines blew up.
So possibly a KTM appreciation section is needed :p

·
Registered
717 Posts
And ive worked out who the spammers are,

It just disgruntled folk who bought orange bikes made in India.
Their bikes snapped in half, the wheels fell off, and the engines blew up.
So possibly a KTM appreciation section is needed :p
LOL. I thought it was people who found out AFTER buying a Raven black or Rapid Red R3 that the Team Blue was faster... [shrug?]. I was thinking maybe a sympathy section for the Raven and Red owners...?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts