Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha R3
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a meticulous 2017 R3 and want to add the following equipment in my post title. Here's what I'm looking for help with, and your feedback and experience is valued. As follows:
*I'm looking to keep the following stuff Black.
*I'd like a non-cut Frame Slider that looks OEM, but is as durable as possible. I understand that the cut-style is most likely stronger, but I prefer not to cut.
* I've seen different size MM of Swing Arm Spools to lift my bike with a Rear-Stand, but I'm not sure what size to get. I'm most concerned about the smaller version (like 6mm) snapping one day and there goes the bike...true, or not?
*Last, Fork Sliders for protection also? Not sure what size to get, or best brand?
** Most of all I really like to keep a clean OEM look. This is why I prefer to stay with Black. Shogun has a kit (- fork sliders) for around $80.00. Seems like a fair deal? If anyone has some pictures of anything you recommend on your bike, I'd like to see how it looks? My bike is Blue with Silver accents, but I'll look at any samples.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here is a list of protections I have for my R3 to answer your questions and help out. Some do come in different colors or simply want black ones like you want.

• Bar Ends Womet-Tech from TST Indust.
  • No Cut Frame Sliders from T-Rex
  • Engine Case Cover from T-Rex
  • Front Axel Frame Slider from eBay
  • Spools on rear from eBay (6MM)

There is a thread regarding similar to your post few days ago as well FYI.

·
Registered
313 Posts
So I bought a meticulous 2017 R3 and want to add the following equipment in my post title. Here's what I'm looking for help with, and your feedback and experience is valued. As follows:
*I'm looking to keep the following stuff Black.
*I'd like a non-cut Frame Slider that looks OEM, but is as durable as possible. I understand that the cut-style is most likely stronger, but I prefer not to cut.
* I've seen different size MM of Swing Arm Spools to lift my bike with a Rear-Stand, but I'm not sure what size to get. I'm most concerned about the smaller version (like 6mm) snapping one day and there goes the bike...true, or not?
*Last, Fork Sliders for protection also? Not sure what size to get, or best brand?
** Most of all I really like to keep a clean OEM look. This is why I prefer to stay with Black. Shogun has a kit (- fork sliders) for around $80.00. Seems like a fair deal? If anyone has some pictures of anything you recommend on your bike, I'd like to see

Thanks a lot.
In regards to the rear spools, the 6mm is the thread size.... You don't get a choice- the tappings on the R3 swing-arm ARE 6mm (do NOT sit in the bike while it's on a rear stand- they will bend). My best advise on most sliders is the TST industries stuff (bar end sliders & axle sliders). You mentioned before that you preferred the "no-cut" frame sliders. If you go that route, the T-Rex frame sliders are the best design I've seen. While you're on their site, you may want to check out their case sliders. My wife & I have them on ALL our bikes.... We recently picked up a "salvage title" R3 to turn into a track-only bike. The clutch cover/water pump was damaged in a crash by the previous owner. Little did I know that part was backordered from Yamaha for nearly 3 months!!!! If it was riding season, I'd be really pi$$ed..... Since it's winter, and we have snow on the ground, I don't really care? A simple case slider would have most likely prevented the damage to the clutch cover/water pump. Don't buy anything slider related off eBay- you get what you pay for in the slider department..... Good luck-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts