Yamaha R3 Forums banner

From MSF Course Directly to My R3

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  GLOW 
I know the feeling (Kinda). I picked up my R3 on June 4th, and my MSF class is in 3 weeks, so I went to my buddies house and rode around with him (who has his license, and its legal for me to ride with him). Before that I had only ridden a clutchless dirtbike maybe 10 times about 10 years ago. Riding on the street is an incredible and exhilarating feeling.

I'm working on learning things the right way so I don't have to correct myself later on. Some of my struggles right now are looking through my turn, i find myself target focusing half way through which is BAD. Also the front brake is strange for me, being the same hand as the throttle. I dont know why, I just need to get used to it.

I was working on counter steering (not pushing too hard on brand new tires) and got that down pretty good. Just got a few kinks to work out with myself.

My gear changes aren't the smoothest (seems like the new clutch is an on/off switch), my starts need improvement, but daily driving a manual for the past 2 years gave me a good understanding for the throttle/clutch work. I cant wait to get back on and ride!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.