Yamaha R3 Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
#latepass Not-for-nothing update: finally got all the sponsorship / paintwork finished! had a great, albeit shortened 2021 CCS season, and managed not fold it up at all, so it still looked fresh at a year-end event in NYC. The 415 chain has been holding up well (replacing it for next season tho just to be safe) and outside of a master link that didn’t like the rest of the chain and excused itself at Summit Point, all is well with the build.

Other modifications that happened mid-2021: I’ve moved on to Woodcraft rearsets (from Vortex V2s) after agreeing to a sponsorship / supporter deal with them for the team (other bits include axle sliders, frame sliders, clip-ons, and some electrical bits mentioned previously in this thread).

The Retrofitz bodykit superbike tail ended up feeling too "high" for me, so I decided to move to using their street tail, and paired it with the Woodcraft seat and the custom 3M foam they send along with it. It’s FAR more comfortable and allows me to feel a little more "one" with the bike, at my size. Starts my ass closer to the ground so getting out of the seat is a little more confident as well, and less of a hurdle.

I ended up taking home a good amount of silverware from the amateur CCS racing this past year, Summit Point being the highlight, where I won my first race (SB300), and took home two P2s and a P3 as well. Looking forward to racing this young lady even more in 2022.

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Cloud Fuel tank Sky
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Cloud Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Update: Under-employed this year so racing has been sparse, however I made some subtle changes to the vinyl, as per sponsor drop-offs, etc. Pictures below… changed from navy to satin black for cool points. Snagged a couple 3rds on Saturday and Sunday in the Sound of Thunder 4 class of AHRMA, weather was great, and GOOD TIMES were had. New racing suit courtesy of our sponsor Misguided Spirits and Salem of Historic GP Suits, with integrated Alpinestar airbag (and some choice lower leg alterations to hold on to my sweet Dianese In boots!).

Hope everyone is staying fast and safe out there!

Photograph Fuel tank Motor vehicle Wheel Motorcycle

Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

Vehicle Aircraft Aviation Aerospace manufacturer Air travel

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle

Attachments

41 - 45 of 45 Posts