Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i've 2015 yzf-r25, 32rd bike, i choosed it because economic & ~fast (with respect to other 300/250cc).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
due to rules i need 6 more posts for viewing attachments, links, ...
but i don't have anything to say. so i'm writing some bullsh!t to this (my) thread.

·
Registered
116 Posts
000000 , I'm giving you a reason to write a really really long post :) ... .. but as a paranoid American is it safe to go to Turkey for very very short lookaround? I have a flight going to Asia and one of my choice is a long layover at Ataturk. How is Ataturk? Is it confusing. frenzied with really long lines or it is fine? Also how is TR airline? if it safe, dependable, reliable or would you rather fly another airline if given a choice?
Sorry for the OT but I don;t know any Turkish fellas IRL to ask these questions. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
000000 , I'm giving you a reason to write a really really long post :) ... .. but as a paranoid American is it safe to go to Turkey for very very short lookaround? I have a flight going to Asia and one of my choice is a long layover at Ataturk. How is Ataturk? Is it confusing. frenzied with really long lines or it is fine? Also how is TR airline? if it safe, dependable, reliable or would you rather fly another airline if given a choice?
Sorry for the OT but I don;t know any Turkish fellas IRL to ask these questions. :)
Hey Rider :) It has been too much on going lately Unless you are riding motorcycle it is safe :) I have been living in istanbul about 8 years. I have also R25.

There is metro system goes to Atatürk Airport and from there you can reach the oldtown in 1 hour so if you have more time than 5/6 hours betwwen flights it reasonable to leave the airport.

Ataturk airport is not confusing we have two security checks one before getting into airport second is the before your flight that's it. Feel free to DM me if you have further questions. I am sure you will satisfy from Turkish airlines they are very good in this.

During rush hours traffic is crazy in Istanbul. Check out the below video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d1a-2o77Gc&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
116 Posts
thanks orhns!
Is sophia hagia in old downtown? is it safe for a tourist to walk around alone? Sorry not trying to insult your country it's just that in recent months there have been multiple incidents of terrorist bombing/attacks in Istanbul etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hello NoobRider,

if i understand you correctly, you will not leave the airport if thats the case you will be in a safe environment, of course if you need something you will pay a lot for things they don't worth that much, but thats how it works.

About the Ataturk Airport:
+ Like the other airports, it's confusing,busy and extremely expensive. Everyday ~150K people finds their way, so i think you will find yours. if bad things happen, just relax and solve problems step by step.
+ they make lots of last minute gate,delay, ... changes. be aware and carefull.

About Turkish airlines:
+ i think on summer time it's reliable.
+ in the past, crashes/pain/agony happened because of their idiotic approach to problems.
+ Expensive as f#ck. (~%40 more expensive )
+ Finding tickets/flights sometimes problematic.
* if my budget is not limited, i will fly with them, if not i will go for other options. (my flight experience mostly domestic flights.)

Before i start the second part, you must understand that i'm just ordinary person who lives in istanbul. As a non citizen, you may want ask about this to your embassy ( istanbul.usconsulate.gov )

If you want/need to stay couple of days,

a- don't carry fear with you. You will be safe.

b- If you need shopping or buying gifts always bargain with the seller, no matter how cheap you think it is. ( $1 = ~3TL ) always complain the price and try to get the item roughly 1/3*original price.

c- always act like this is not your first ride/travel and you know exactly what you are doing.

d- always judge people by how they looks. Don't make contact with the people doesn't have modern looking.

e- if you are not in a safe place, don't drink too much.

f- if you can't find any help, stop the motorcycle riders who rides with full protection and ask them or ask my number and give me a call.

*Remember due to bad politics, bad people and conflicts in our borders some time, some people wants to blow themself up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Rider :) It has been too much on going lately Unless you are riding motorcycle it is safe :) I have been living in istanbul about 8 years. I have also R25.

There is metro system goes to Atatürk Airport and from there you can reach the oldtown in 1 hour so if you have more time than 5/6 hours betwwen flights it reasonable to leave the airport.

Ataturk airport is not confusing we have two security checks one before getting into airport second is the before your flight that's it. Feel free to DM me if you have further questions. I am sure you will satisfy from Turkish airlines they are very good in this.

During rush hours traffic is crazy in Istanbul. Check out the below video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d1a-2o77Gc&feature=youtu.be
@orhns kaptan ne haber?
@NoobRider ;
as you can see, 2 person lives at same city and they have different pov.

thanks orhns!
Is sophia hagia in old downtown? is it safe for a tourist to walk around alone? Sorry not trying to insult your country it's just that in recent months there have been multiple incidents of terrorist bombing/attacks in Istanbul etc.
a) as a ordinary people we can't do anything to bombing attacks.

b) it's safe to walk around alone, but you may get ripped off when you want to buy something and without the guidance you will miss a lot of things.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thank you for your post 00000.. but shiat after reading it you're scaring me ;)
I do understand what you're saying though.. I've traveled to many countries and COMMON Sense is key. Do most people in Istanbul speak English as well as you and orhns?
I find it hilarious when you say to ask help from motorcycle riders LOL
Over here I would advise against that if given a choice between a motorcycle rider or say anybody else. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts