Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I installed Vortex clipons and need to adjust the front forks just slightly so they are even with the top of the clipons. The left side is spot on but the right needs an adjustment. Moving the tube up was no problem but went just a couple of mm too far so it needs to move back down. Is there a trick to this because it won't budge even with the front end off the ground. Any tips or suggestions?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Loosen the triple bolts and have your clip on bolted exactly where you want it, slide tube down while rotating it. Shouldn't be that hard...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loosen the triple bolts and have your clip on bolted exactly where you want it, slide tube down while rotating it. Shouldn't be that hard...
That's what I thought as well and it has worked on every other bike I have done. But it will not budge. I didn't know if there was something I was missing or if there was a trick to the R3. I am going to give it a shot again tonight or tomorrow when I get home from work and see if I can get a friend of mine to help. Last night I pretty much gave up on it as it was not moving at all.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All of the bolts are loose. The fork tube will move up but not down. Front end is off the ground so no pressure is on the front suspension.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it down on the ground, compressed the suspension a few more times, got it back in the air and it worked fine. Apparently it was just stuck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts