Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got a sprocket cover like that on their R3? I removed my stock sprocket cover and found a bunch of dirt beneath the cover and i'm not sure if removing the stock to put an aftermarket one like this is a good idea, considering that the stock one did its job pretty well

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
I considered it too, but I can't tell how this aftermarket one would route the wires. The stock one has a channel for wires to go through, shielding them from the sprocket chain area. I think I would feel a little paranoid without that.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Oh, also remember how dirty your stock one got? Now imagine that on this aftermarket one which is mostly transparent. Going to look dirty all the time. At least the stock one looks clean on the outside!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I opened the stock and the dirty wasn't on the side of the cover, it is the part that is infront of the front sprocket, so say if i remove the stock sprocket cover, it will be dirtying the tubing and wire haha

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yup, it flings chain lube and road grime. Gotta take it off and clean it once in awhile. Normal motorcycle business. Carry on. Ride safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts