Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered my 13T front sprocket so I was looking for a little help from those who have purchased the service manual. Can you please share the nut torque for the front sprocket and some special procedure if any.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
For anyone interested, I have the 2015-2016 service manual and would like to share the benefit of its ownership (and use, obviously) but am not savvy on how to go about uploading a large file like this. Any advice might serve well for a lot of members of this forum.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For anyone interested, I have the 2015-2016 service manual and would like to share the benefit of its ownership (and use, obviously) but am not savvy on how to go about uploading a large file like this. Any advice might serve well for a lot of members of this forum.
That would be fantastc! You may use dropbox; only need to create an account, upload the file. From there you can create a link that you can copy/paste in the forum.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Front sprocket nuts suck.
I just changed the front sprocket on a friends 2015 Yamaha R1.
The specs say it's 90ft-lbs but it takes 300ft-lbs to get the old one off.
I had to use my 1/2" impact gun to get it off. Nothing else would work.
Hopefully the R3 won't be as bad, since it uses a smaller shaft and nut.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What size is the front sprocket nut on the R3? How did you go undoing it. Im hoping to get away with a breaker bar

·
Registered
84 Posts
1 1/8" socket. Breaker bar works fine. My method, have done this twice, is to put the bike in neutral, have a partner sit on the bike, have the partner hold the rear brake lever down. One hard jolt with the breaker bar and the nut comes free.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think it is also a good point to add. the nut is 29.5mm measured with verneir calipers. so its an imperial nut so the correct size IS 1-1/8 Socket / spanner/open ender etc
if that and t he nut torque be added to the data base of nut sizes etc. as I couldnt find much on here. a lot of ppl speculated it was 29, 30 or 28mm metric go up to 27 than jump to 30mm most of the time
so DEFO IMPERIAL 1-1/8th

1 - 10 of 10 Posts