Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought this to replace a Honda Grom for simple backpack commuting. But then I bought an XSR900 and, well, the R3 is just sitting there. Stock bike, 52 year old rider, never down, in the rain or even washed. 561 Miles, which may go up slightly as I continue to ride it to keep it in good shape. Being broken in according to the book. Have only added spools on rear. Smoothest transmission I've ever had in a bike--wish my XSR900 were this smooth. Clean title in hand.

Asking $3,800

If interested, please call or text me at 817.291.8299.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Good luck. Sad it is sitting idle. That is a killer deal. My 2015 is black, but still am infatuated with the matte gray, which some people similarly love, but there seems to be an equal amount of enmity toward that color.

There have been some posts by new members who have been asking for opinions on the R3, and have stated their intent on buying one soon. You should look around for those posts and members and sent them a PM as their basically prospective buyers.

Again, good luck and Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's a great price for a very nice bike. Not sure if craigslist is your thing, but it would be the cheapest R3 in the Dallas craigslist area.

I get back from my deployment next month sometime... maybe if its still around, I'd be interested. I think it'd be a nice compliment to my FZ1 and FJR1300

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a great price for a very nice bike. Not sure if craigslist is your thing, but it would be the cheapest R3 in the Dallas craigslist area.

I get back from my deployment next month sometime... maybe if its still around, I'd be interested. I think it'd be a nice compliment to my FZ1 and FJR1300
Thanks. Planning on listing on CL, just been too busy and coming and going while off for the holidays to show the bike. May ask a little more there, but thought I'd offer for quick sale to other forums members first.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm trying to sell a Harley. If it sells before this does I'd like to buy it. Just need to sell mine first :/ I'm in Houston

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm trying to sell a Harley. If it sells before this does I'd like to buy it. Just need to sell mine first :/ I'm in Houston
Okay. Good luck. Mine is still for sale. I've been super busy at work and with shooting hobby so haven't taken the time to post other places partly due to no time to show the bike. Let me know. I'm just riding it a few miles weekly to keep her in shape.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stil available? I sold the harley. Just need to get done with a job in midland now haha.
Yes. I ride it 5-7 miles per week to keep it in shape. She's perfect, but maybe just a little dusty. PM me your information and I'll call you if you like.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Man, someone grab it! Wish I could buy it, transfer my parts over to the matte gray, and sell my 2015 Raven. I have grass is greener syndrome. I love my black R3, but I am absolutely smitten with the Matte gray. By the way @Pseudo-Fed, I would stipulate in your description if the recall work was done or not-that would be helpful info to know unless you are unaware of the 2016 recall.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Man, someone grab it! Wish I could buy it, transfer my parts over to the matte gray, and sell my 2015 Raven. I have grass is greener syndrome. I love my black R3, but I am absolutely smitten with the Matte gray.
What would it cost for you to just buy the matte gray pieces and put them on your bike?
I heard the fairings on the R3 are fairly cheap, but I never looked into the cost of a color change.
( Because I am very happy with my BLUE bike! )

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bike made 06/16 and not subject to recall. Can't edit my post on mobile for some reason.

Bike also being held for out of town buyer to 2/25. Will take 2nd takers by text or call.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
What would it cost for you to just buy the matte gray pieces and put them on your bike?
I heard the fairings on the R3 are fairly cheap, but I never looked into the cost of a color change.
( Because I am very happy with my BLUE bike! )
It's right around $400 and that includes decals

1 - 19 of 19 Posts