Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by a guy (EDR) that Ftecu has the flash for the R3 now. Anyone tried it yet?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've seen EDR post about it, but there isn't anything on FTECU's website yet. It'll be a nice alternative to piggy-backs once it goes public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I just replied to the post asking when we can actually purchase the bike side flash kit. I really want this just to see what happens.
Graves says they are available from them now. I don't see it on their site. Said you need to call to ordet

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm waiting to hear from my local race shop. I would much rather have someone to flash it locally than do a mail in. I know he's been waiting to hear from FTECU as to the availability.
When/If FTECU makes the autotune available for the R3 it would be worth getting the harness to do flashes myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'm going to have to let Procaliber yamaha (where I got my bike) know about this, BUT it sounds like it's something anyone could do for their bike themselves fairly easily. Exciting! Would this gain any horsepower? fuel economy? I'm new to this and very interested. His facebook post says it eliminates the decel fuel cut-off, I do notice the "hiccup" he refers to. Would it make a noticeable difference?

I look forward to hearing back from any of you who have this done to your bikes in the future.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts