Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang, I recently bought a used Gen1 R3 as a first proper bike and I am so happy!

I got it with a full system racing exhaust, but the previous owner didn't do any changes to ECU.

After reading recommendations on this forum, I am looking to get a custom ECU (probably from Norton).

Also, while I am at it, I am considering I would add the velocity stacks and air filter/air box to add more beans. My use case is 80/20 street/track btw.

My question is, how is this going to change my Fuel consumption for the following scenarios:

A) Custom ECU(like the one from Norton)

B) Custom ECU + Velocity stacks/Air Filter/Air box mod

Thanks a lot, legends!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most custom tune isn't aiming for fuel efficiency and rather more power at the upper end of the rpms
Yes, I am aware that the fuel consumption is going to get worse, but I was hoping someone can provide more specific numbers.

For example, "10% more fuel comsumption with the ECU, and 15% with the stacks added" ?

cheers

·
Vendor
2016 Yamaha YZF-R3
203 Posts
Yes, I am aware that the fuel consumption is going to get worse, but I was hoping someone can provide more specific numbers.

For example, "10% more fuel comsumption with the ECU, and 15% with the stacks added" ?

cheers
I couldn't give an exact number but @cornerslider is about right with what I'd estimate for most tunes, Norton included. I race my R3, so when its low on fuel I fill it up, not worried about fuel consumption.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts