Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP, I have no idea what could it be. The five bars flash about 8 times then stop for 3 seconds and star flashing again. I know it has nothing to do with low fuel. I'am not able to find any information what so ever only in the service manual stating that it is a self diagnosis and that I should go to Yamaha for them to inspect the electrical circuit. The bike runs fine, but the flashing is annoying. Has anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, the tank is full. Im sure is bc of low gas level. All 5 bars light up at the same time. After a while it shows how much gas it has left and then continues to flash all 5 bars.

·
Registered
50 Posts
well... for sure it is better to take it to the dealer for inspection just to avoid any bigger issue...

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
HELP, I have no idea what could it be. The five bars flash about 8 times then stop for 3 seconds and star flashing again. I know it has nothing to do with low fuel. I'am not able to find any information what so ever only in the service manual stating that it is a self diagnosis and that I should go to Yamaha for them to inspect the electrical circuit. The bike runs fine, but the flashing is annoying. Has anyone else experience this?
I haven't seen this specifically on the R3 but I have seen this same thing in other forums on other bikes. Those issues ended up being either a problem within the physical float arm or more frequently, a wiring issue somewhere between the sending unit and the gauge.
Sounds like something to have the dealer look at for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts