Yamaha R3 Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
i think it looks sick i dont go to the track i just ride my bike for work so i go for looks over ppl complaining about nimbleness i upgraded to a 160 rear and 120 front and still feel it just as nimble as stock and i wanna go bigger on the rear btw what tire size is that on the rear i wanna make mines wider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
This would probably be ok for the fast sweeping tracks that arent really technical. Yes it would be much slower transitioning but very stable. Again, for a very few tracks this may be ok. Like Willow Springs, only 9 turns and all of them are large sweepers. If I rode on the street I would give it a try, or maybe a track day to see if I liked it. To answer someones question it most likely is a 180 tire. I would also run a 120/70 front if I were running the 180 rear. The 110 front is just too small to match that.

·
Registered
119 Posts
There are many downsides to running wide tires on a small bike like R3. To name a few would be increase in rotating mass, decrease in performance, decrease in fuel mileage, increased stopping distance.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Just wanted to say that this is pretty interesting
Why? The $1800 price makes it a very substantial portion of the price of an R3, without offering the performance benefits of something like carbon fiber wheels. For example, A wide tire like shown is a huge REDUCTION in performance because of its added weight and massively larger moment of inertia. If you like a wide tire look, buy a bike that NEEDS a wide tire to transmit its power to the ground, not a 320cc pretender. A wide tire like that on an R3 makes the owner look like a desperate wannabe.

Jim G

·
Super Moderator
985 Posts
Why? The $1800 price makes it a very substantial portion of the price of an R3, without offering the performance benefits of something like carbon fiber wheels. For example, A wide tire like shown is a huge REDUCTION in performance because of its added weight and massively larger moment of inertia. If you like a wide tire look, buy a bike that NEEDS a wide tire to transmit its power to the ground, not a 320cc pretender. A wide tire like that on an R3 makes the owner look like a desperate wannabe.

Jim G
Although, "If you like big butts". I read that somewhere, I didn't think of it myself. ;)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts