Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my Two Brothers Racing S1R Full System exhaust for a few weeks and noticed it had an awesome sounding crackle and pop during upshift and downshift. Hadnt noticed until a friend was riding behind me and after zooming off he noticed the exhaust flamed, similar to that of bikes such as the R1. Has anyone else had this happen with a full system exhaust on the R3? Thinking the bike may be running quite rich?

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
u need a tune with a full system
A remap will get the most out of the system, but shooting fire out the pipes is kinda awesome too..... Ben Spies MotoGP bike:
I'm running full Yosh system with a retune, but if you're on it hard and chop throttle you will get some tasty pops and a little fire to keep that other guy off your tail.

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Had my Two Brothers Racing S1R Full System exhaust for a few weeks and noticed it had an awesome sounding crackle and pop during upshift and downshift. Hadnt noticed until a friend was riding behind me and after zooming off he noticed the exhaust flamed, similar to that of bikes such as the R1. Has anyone else had this happen with a full system exhaust on the R3? Thinking the bike may be running quite rich?
Did you remove the Emission Part of the bike? top of the valve cover and the pump? https://nebula.wsimg.com/c3dea4296f...AE99832969DF1A2A1&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

If it is still inplace you might consider getting a block off Plate( read attachment) and most of the full systems will run better with a fuel Mgt product...If you need to purchase one we have them in stock.

·
Registered
717 Posts
u need a tune with a full system
A remap will get the most out of the system, but shooting fire out the pipes is kinda awesome too..... Ben Spies MotoGP bike:
I'm running full Yosh system with a retune, but if you're on it hard and chop throttle you will get some tasty pops and a little fire to keep that other guy off your tail.
Worx against mosquitoes and tailgaters!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts