Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm feeling the need for more mods, and the G2 ergonomics quick turn throttle tube plus a set of Spiegler braided brake lines are in the cart. Before I click on "buy now" I'm hoping somebody here has the G2 on their bike and can tell me if it helps get rid of 1) the annoying slack that according to dealership is within "Yamaha Specs" and (2) eliminates the loooong turn needed to hit full throttle.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you might have.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I'm feeling the need for more mods, and the G2 ergonomics quick turn throttle tube plus a set of Spiegler braided brake lines are in the cart. Before I click on "buy now" I'm hoping somebody here has the G2 on their bike and can tell me if it helps get rid of 1) the annoying slack that according to dealership is within "Yamaha Specs" and (2) eliminates the loooong turn needed to hit full throttle.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you might have.
I dont own the tube but it is designed to eliminate that long turn. As far as slac, you can grt rid of that on an aftermarket tube as well as the stock one.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I've used the G2 on my CBR500. On the R3, I just have an R6 throttle tube which does exactly the same thing for a lot less money. I'm not sure exactly by how much the G2 reduces throttle roll but it does reduce it some because it uses a larger reel.

As far as slack, that's all in the cables. You can have more or less slack regardless of which throttle tube you have.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I love the R6 throttle tube, it's almost perfect --- adjust your cables to adjust the free play as everyone else has mentioned (although if installing an R6 tube you probably won't need to as it's a larger circumference).

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good advice from some of the most respected members here. I went with the G2 quick turn and the brake lines, I'll post up pics and review after install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts