Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just recently got my R3 and the first thing I noticed from a CBR600RR is that the R3's gas tanks makes it extremely uncomfortable to fully tuck. The rear highest point of the gas tank digs into my rib cage, more or less, so I can't really hide behind the tiny windshield. Wind ends up hitting my helmet a lot at over 80km/h, and if I force my head lower to where my eyes are level with the top of the windshield, the wind noise is significantly reduced. However, when I comfortably tuck my mouth is about the height of the windshield. Can't always force my head down because it strains my neck like crazy.

I thought about getting a double bubble windshield, taller seat, and potentially a gas tank cover to change the shape of it a bit, but is this just because I'm not very suited for a R3? On my friend's CBR600RR, the gas tank is extremely flat and very comfortable to tuck on the highway. Practically no wind noise on that thing.

I did lower my stock clip ons underneath the triple clamp, which made riding a bit more comfortable. But I don't want to spend a lot of money on this bike if the end result will still not be what I'm looking for :/ Opinions wanted!

·
Registered
44 Posts
What works form me is sliding back to the rear end of the seat and than tucking down. I am 185 so it works for me, maybe if you are shorter you cant reach that good to the handle bars.

Maybe I have the wrong riding technic, but I never put my full weight on the upper boddy. I dont really lay on the tank. I hold my upperbody with my legs and lower back, so that my arms are loose. Probably that's why I don't got problems with my chest.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm 5"11 so I can reach the handle bars no problem, I tried that and it actually is much better but still not enough :( I also use my legs and lower back to hold myself up, but when I try to full tuck my chest just hits the gas tank without my head being able to go low enough lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
its not the gas tank.
its the distance from tank to seat that is not as long as supersports.
probably also the height of your clip ons and rearsets.

If you go full race bodywork and track upgrades you will have way more room.
But it wont be street legal

With the setup, shown in photo. I can get into full race tuck with chest on tank and chin in that little divet

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I have noticed that the seat length is much shorter on these bikes than any other I've been on but I don't mind it...makes it for less sliding around. But how tall are you?? I figured if my fatass can go into a full tuck where my chin is almost on the tank, than just about anyone else should be able to as well lol. I haven't had any problems, and I'm using the stock windscreen too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts