Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I was riding my r3 today and sometimes I like to clutchless shift since it sounds cool with my exhaust. Anyways, I shifted from 2nd to 3rd, and it was all fine until the bike slipped back into second gear. After that i stopped the clutchless shifts, and it happened a couple times while normally shifting, but then it didn't happen again and I got home. (I haven't ridden it since, been a couple days). it only ever happens when shifting from 2nd to 3rd.

I wasn't pushing hard on my shifter when I clutchless shifted, I just put a little pressure on it and bring my throttle down for a second and usually it shifts smoothy. Could I have damaged the transmission somehow?

Bike is relatively new with around 4000km. Oil change was also done maybe 2000km ago.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey,

I was riding my r3 today and sometimes I like to clutchless shift since it sounds cool with my exhaust. Anyways, I shifted from 2nd to 3rd, and it was all fine until the bike slipped back into second gear. After that i stopped the clutchless shifts, and it happened a couple times while normally shifting, but then it didn't happen again and I got home. (I haven't ridden it since, been a couple days). it only ever happens when shifting from 2nd to 3rd.

I wasn't pushing hard on my shifter when I clutchless shifted, I just put a little pressure on it and bring my throttle down for a second and usually it shifts smoothy. Could I have damaged the transmission somehow?

Bike is relatively new with around 4000km. Oil change was also done maybe 2000km ago.
Which model year? There was a particular year they had transmission issue but I can't recall which

·
Registered
305 Posts
That's not the year with transmission issues. I suppose its the amount of lever travel. You will want to fully press/pull the gear lever till it bottoms out. It might have just shifted between gears, that's why it slipped out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts