Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Genuine Yamaha blue passenger seat cowl. Never dropped. No damage.

Changed bike color and no longer need this.

$75 shipped to US 48 states. $70 picked up in North Los Angeles County.

First day I can ship this out is Wednesday this week.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yes I got the right color now. :)

[/QUOTE]

ayyy Bird joined the faster side ;)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yes I got the right color now.
:eek: ????

Did you trade your Blue bike for a Red bike? WHY would you do that?

( I have to admit... the Blue seems to be trendy... but the R3 is a YAMAHA after all! )

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I loved the blue but never felt it was for me. Never liked how the wheels were 3 shades of blue different than the paint.
Settled on blue for my first R3 buy because I thought it would resell better and family and friends liked it better. Dumb reasoning.

I picked the red first and actually bought it then went back before they closed and changed it to blue.
Only reason I did not buy the red was the pinstripes painted on the wheels. I am going to have black pinstripes painted over the red to get rid of them.

I did like how blue did not attract attention but I can tell absolutely that cars see me better. The raven I had for 3 days was the worst.
Lane splitting is much easier on the red. I was great with full exhaust but I had to give that up for my ears and gas mileage.

Here is my last bike I had to give up after a drunk driver f'd up my arms and legs. Sad I dont have any pictures before lots of stock parts were put back on before sale but you get the idea. Had Marchesini Magnesium wheels and some Dunlops on it. Sold it once the first R3 was in the garage.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I loved the blue but never felt it was for me. Never liked how the wheels were 3 shades of blue different than the paint.
Settled on blue for my first R3 buy because I thought it would resell better and family and friends liked it better. Dumb reasoning.

I picked the red first and actually bought it then went back before they closed and changed it to blue.
Only reason I did not buy the red was the pinstripes painted on the wheels. I am going to have black pinstripes painted over the red to get rid of them.

I did like how blue did not attract attention but I can tell absolutely that cars see me better. The raven I had for 3 days was the worst.
Lane splitting is much easier on the red. I was great with full exhaust but I had to give that up for my ears and gas mileage.

Here is my last bike I had to give up after a drunk driver f'd up my arms and legs. Sad I dont have any pictures before lots of stock parts were put back on before sale but you get the idea. Had Marchesini Magnesium wheels and some Dunlops on it. Sold it once the first R3 was in the garage.

****, at that angle, the R1 almost looks identical to your new R3. What year is that, Bird? Also, love those old school cans - looks like they strapped a rocket on the bike.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The cowl was shipped out today. Its on its way USPS. Keep an eye out for it in 3-7 business days. Tracking information is available on your paypal transaction page.

That is a 2002. I am working with a friend to recreate similar stickers. I plan on taking almost all of them off the R3 and replacing them. I like this cleaner look. Not a fan of the graphics on any of the bikes to be honest. 2016 was not an improvement.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The cowl was shipped out today. Its on its way USPS. Keep an eye out for it in 3-7 business days. Tracking information is available on your paypal transaction page.

That is a 2002. I am working with a friend to recreate similar stickers. I plan on taking almost all of them off the R3 and replacing them. I like this cleaner look. Not a fan of the graphics on any of the bikes to be honest. 2016 was not an improvement.

I hear ya, man. Not a big fan of the decals myself. Was thinking about purchasing the 2016 red/white fairings (just the white pieces), stripping the decals off, and slapping a single "Yamaha" logo on each side - on the main side fairings. The white with the blue tail/front fender/wheels would look much better IMO. Probably won't bother though, as I'm tinkering with the bike more than I'm riding the [email protected] thing. Plus, I just dropped a grand on repairs/tires. I thought this was a budget bike... Gotta draw the line somewhere.

:laugh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts