Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the sports bike scene, just placed my order for an r3 at my local dealer. Really excited. I got approved through the yamaha financing but my question is if it's normal for a dealer to take a deposit for the bike and not reflect towards th bike? I asked the financing guy if the 100$ I put Down would be returned and he jokingly said no, not sure if he was serious. Is that common or is it commission for the sales rep? Either way Im not to concerned about it since I'm too stoked about the bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My dealer also got a $100 non refundable deposit, but it can be transferred to any other bike used or new, he has all the Japanese franchises, if I don't like it after a demo.

·
Registered
34 Posts
No that is not normal.
If the dealer you are looking at has a non-refundable deposit then I would look somewhere else, cause you are just giving them free money for no reason.

I have 2 deposits at 2 different dealers (better chance of getting one).
One for $200 and one for $500 (thats just how much they wanted) both Refundable!!!!

The only thing the deposit is for is a hold on a bike when it comes in (1st deposit, 1st Bike).
It puts you in a line and it should go toward your bike or you should get it back.

Every dealer I've asked has a Refundable Deposit and the cost varies.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking at a ninja 300, since my buddy has one I've been practicing on his, but he told me yamaha was bringing a new model(r3) and I should just wait for it. I really wanted a gxr 600. But I soon realized getting into this culture that I should begin with baby steps. Also, as far as the deposit I will definetly look into that, it just seemed fishy to me. Also I got hit with a 300 dealer fee and a 600 shipping fee. Either way my ass still hurts , but what could I do? It's a new bike. Not many dealers here in Miami would have them in stock yet. My impatience burned a hole in my pocket that's for sure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was looking at a ninja 300, since my buddy has one I've been practicing on his, but he told me yamaha was bringing a new model(r3) and I should just wait for it. I really wanted a gxr 600. But I soon realized getting into this culture that I should begin with baby steps. Also, as far as the deposit I will definetly look into that, it just seemed fishy to me. Also I got hit with a 300 dealer fee and a 600 shipping fee. Either way my ass still hurts , but what could I do? It's a new bike. Not many dealers here in Miami would have them in stock yet. My impatience burned a hole in my pocket that's for sure.
Dealers charge different fees, setup, paperwork, some are higher than others but shipping fee is set by the manufacturer and is the same for every dealer. Mine told me what is is but I forgot. My paperwork has it lumped with prep and that comes to $507, I think shipping was slightly less than $400. Processing fees are going to be $119 at mine and take/title is $39.75.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Wlecome Charlieboy to the forum. Sounds like the $100 is a non-refundable deposit to reserve the bike not a down payment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts