Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ah, makes me wince as I recall my gloving experience... :crying:

No gloves are the same... Fit, finish, width, length, stitching, padding, plastics, kevlar, mesh, material, etc.

I spent a bloody whole hour trying to find a pair of gloves that fit me well, didnt pinch, were easy enough to get on and off, and were right for my fingers as I hate it when there are flappy bits at the end! :)

I was getting hot and flustered but eventually found a pair, took them to the checkout and my bloody card didnt work >:D

·
Registered
376 Posts
Gloves are super important because it will protect you from destroying your hand and most people when they fall they usually use their hand to protect or rebound. Having gloves with knuckles are very important because it will brace the impact and does less damage to your fall.

Reactions: KevR3

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just bought some new winter gloves by way of the Richa Arctic for £69.95. These were a Ride magazine recommended glove. All dealers were sold out at the beginning of the year of all sizes except XL .....

Warmest gloves I have are some Dynamic ones, but they are no longer waterproof :( .

·
Registered
82 Posts
Gloves are very important. Heck, if I were riding naked I'd wear gloves. LOL!!
When I was 13 and had just started riding my first new motorcycle (1978 Yamaha DT100 Enduro) I had a crash on the street and I was not wearing any gloves.
My mom, she was an emergency room RN, had to wipe my *** because my hands were so effed-up.......ALWAYS WEAR GLOVES!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think M13 wasn't wearing gloves during his crash and he lost 2 fingers. Hard to say if the fingers would have stood up to the accident, but I think they would have.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Depends on the kind of accident you have, but I've read in many accidents you put your palm down first, so you need some added strength on the palm near the heal of the hand. I need some better gloves. I have some $22 ones from Walmart and they are thin with air holes. Nice and comfy to wear, but not very good protection.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I only fell once, at less than 30mph, on a rough pavement.
it tore through my jeans and gloves like nothing.
I had the cheapest gloves I could find, and though the pavement tore a hole through the glove, my hand was still protected, and unscratched. I think it had to do with the surrounding padding absorbing the unevenness in the road.

I use summer gloves, preferably with knuckle and hand palm protection.

Most $30 motorcycle gloves are good enough for falls or accidents at or below city speeds.

almost anything is better than nothing, even when you're falling down from a standstill.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Got myself a pair of A* Celer but I think they're too tight.
They're really tight to put on and take of, once in they feel tight but not uncomfortable.
Once I squeeze the throttle my pinky doesn't want to bend too much, want to stay upright, like British drinking tea :D
Next size up was too big though, maybe I need to shop different manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Got myself a pair of A* Celer but I think they're too tight.
They're really tight to put on and take of, once in they feel tight but not uncomfortable.
Once I squeeze the throttle my pinky doesn't want to bend too much, want to stay upright, like British drinking tea :D
Next size up was too big though, maybe I need to shop different manufacturer.
Leather gloves typically loosen up and adjust to fit your hand after a while. The heavier the leather, the longer it may take. Most of mine have been tight at first and I've had a few pairs over the years that took 300-400 miles before they fit right.

Some gloves have odd finger lengths, too. I've had a few of those. Them, I returned for something with a better fit.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Why hate them? I bought new Alpinestars this weekend and I love them. Bought them way to tight. Wet them up. Did some hand movements and now they fit perfect :) Normally they costs 120 euro's here, got them for 70.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Why hate them? I bought new Alpinestars this weekend and I love them. Bought them way to tight. Wet them up. Did some hand movements and now they fit perfect
Normally they costs 120 euro's here, got them for 70.

Aren't The GP Plus Gloves Vetter but cost just 10-20? more? Paid for mine GP Plus Gloves 125?... Hope i didn't failed with The buying?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts