Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, have you ever fell off your bike? If so please share some stories. I want to hear some crazy experiences

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've been down more than my share, most have been at the race track though. My last one (a month ago) was caused by someone basically stopping on the racing line on the last corner of the last lap. The rider infront of me crashed in to him and I crashed in to the both of them and went flying over the top

·
Registered
84 Posts
You win^^^^^

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not really. I had an r6 as my first bike. Didn't ride it more than twice but the second time I was leaving my driveway gave it to much gas and slipped shredded my timing cover. Umm. With the r3 I was trying to make a tight u turn going uphill. Stopped and stepped wrong and dropped the bike but I wasn't moving so just a small scratch to the mirror and clutch lever. That's about it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Only been down once at like 1MPH. After a trackday on my S1000RR I forgot to plug my headlight relays back in but had cut my zipties. As I turned my bike around to load it on the trailer the handlebars grabbed the wire and got hung. Lost my balance and fell. Went an entire day pushing on the limit and nothing but fall due to my forgetting to plug a **** wire back in. Gotta love it. On the plus side, plenty of people saw it happen and helped me pick it up.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I went down at 45mph got cut off by a cop in a unmarked police car. Cop admitted full responsibility, he came across two lanes of traffic and cut me off. I avoided a collision but ending doing a high side and went down.
I was not on an R3, spent one night in the hospital and $1000 of broken plastic on the motorcycle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts