Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if we are able to somehow modify gold forks to fit our r3? I haven't seen any company sell any gold forks for the r3 at all. Or how about any company that will anodize the stock fork black part to be gold? I think painting the oem black are will look rice.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL LOL that may look good from like half a mile away any closer and ill be doomed! I saw a picture of a ninja 300 on youtube that has same forks as us but they were anodized like ohlin forks but I could not find any info at all but dam it looked nice!! I would like performance out of them but at the end of the day my goal is the look it gives as its my weekend warrior/fun mobile.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VULGER don't tell me that's the paint can from above??? That looks pretty sick! sounds like im using a spray can lol. You have any close up pictures? Good job on the work by the way.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
If you're only into looks...paint them. If you want the actual gold forks....then get the one and only...Ohlins!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SBK1198 I am only considering painting them because I cant find any company that will sell gold ones for the R3. I want the look but would also like to have the performance. Ohlin's sells parts for the R3 but they don't sell gold forks for the R3(correct me if I'm wrong, god I hope I am lol).

·
Registered
424 Posts
VULGER don't tell me that's the paint can from above??? That looks pretty sick! sounds like im using a spray can lol. You have any close up pictures? Good job on the work by the way.

Yeah, that was paint a paint can job, they have needed to be stripped and re-painted due to blemishes from wear and tear. That's probably the best photo I have highlighting the forks

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Check this out guys/gals its a ninja 300 with gold forks but I cant tell nor find where this person got them from. Just like the R3 Kawasaki does not make gold forks but somehow this guy was able to find some. I cant tell what brand they are not sure if its ohlins but he definitely did a lot of upgrades. anyone have any idea what brand these forks are?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
SBK1198 I am only considering painting them because I cant find any company that will sell gold ones for the R3. I want the look but would also like to have the performance. Ohlin's sells parts for the R3 but they don't sell gold forks for the R3(correct me if I'm wrong, god I hope I am lol).
That's correct, they don't sell full forks for the R3, but you can always make other forks fit the R3 if that's what you want. Same way how many SV650 guys put a whole GSXR front end on their bikes. The thing you'd sacrifice by doing that is weight, since you'd be adding a bit more weight.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
^they look like the standard forks- they have the same contours. ? Maybe just painted as well
Yep, was just about to say...stock forks.

Personally I care a lot more about what's INSIDE my forks than how they look on the outside...that's what really matters. They could be turd-brown for all I care as long as they make my bike handle like a beast! >:D

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yamaha puts gold upside-down forks on lots of R6's over the years.
That would be a nice upgrade, but you will have to be crafty to fit them to an R3.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 20 of 42 Posts