Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hate that dang flash to pass button! My hand hits it sometimes, especially when wearing my heavier winter gloves. I bump it and flash my brights in my across the street neighbors' window when I'm trying to slip out quietly at 6:20 on the way to work.

Worse, who knows how many times I hit it out on the road when shifting gears -- afraid someone's going to think I'm flashing them to, "go ahead" and they'll pull out in front of me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try relaxing your grip of the bars.
Dude, that has nothing to do with it. l I don't deathgrip the thing. Like I said, I hit it in the driveway just coming out of the garage. These are smallish grips and and it easy to bump, especially with bigger gloves.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, turned out to be very easy access to disconnect the wire. If anyone else wants to do this:

Left side switch housing two machine screws out from the bottom, separate housing halves and soldered terminal is right there front right on lower side red wire white stripe. De-soldered, put some heat shrink over the exposed wires and screwed housing back together - if a future owner wants to re-connect, 5-10 minute job.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Dude, that has nothing to do with it. l I don't deathgrip the thing. Like I said, I hit it in the driveway just coming out of the garage. These are smallish grips and and it easy to bump, especially with bigger gloves.
I honestly have no idea how you are accidentally hitting it. I wear a Large size glove (to give perspective of how big my hand is), and I dont get anywhere near the flash to pass switch. In fact I have a hard time finding it in the rare case I do want to use it, and just forget about it altogether. Try changing the way you grip your bar. Put your hand outboard a tad bit.

Funny you say the grips are small cause they actually feel wider than my last bike, and are about normal size for a non-SS style bike.

Lastly, before you go disconnecting it, why not try to loosen that control with a philips screwdriver , grind down the alignment pin (its plastic) and try adjusting it up and down to move the switch to a different position.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Change your grip. I dont know how you are getting anywhere near that switch without trying.

Here are some pics, with clipons (narrower than stock bars), and shorty levers:

Normal grip:

Fingers on lever:

Highly exaggerated grip to show what angle would get anywhere near the switch:

Again, either change your grip, or move your control further inboard.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Change your grip. I dont know how you are getting anywhere near that switch without trying.

Here are some pics, with clipons (narrower than stock bars), and shorty levers:

Normal grip:

Fingers on lever:

Highly exaggerated grip to show what angle would get anywhere near the switch:

Again, either change your grip, or move your control further inboard.
Which clip ons do you have?

In regards to the Pass switch Q - I'd suggest learning how to operate the bike more efficiently than disabling things. I was an idiot for pushing the horn button a few times when I first got the bike. I'm not going to disconnect it because of that.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Vortex with the 7deg down angle. The bars are longer than that but I cut mine short, similar to my old bike (and in part cause I made the mistake of measuring the stock bar and forgetting to add a bit extra since the stock ones have that part that protrudes outward, giving a bit more reach)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts