Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title i need to make a few extra bucks this summer and want to ride my bike as much as i can since i've been only commuting with it. Postmates is a delivery service which can either be food delivery or getting groceries for someone. I'm making this post to help get recommendations on what kind of luggage i should get with a reasonable price maybe 200-300? I want a good amount of space to say maybe put a few bags of food inside comfortably. Doesn't have to be TOO big. I'm using this opportunity to ride my bike more and get more experience on riding :)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Not sure if saddle bags would work in your situation. I've never had anything more fancy than a tank bag on different bikes. That doesn't really work on the R3 as it had a plastic tank cover which my bag's magnets will not hold on to. Best idea I can suggest is a top bag rack? Then you can stack stuff onto it as needed. Here's an older thread of what I am talking about, I may have the wrong terminology:

http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/385-...aha-australia-yzf-r3-luggage-rack-fitted.html

·
Registered
346 Posts
There's also some nifty saddle bags that attach to the passenger seat I think, but they're smaller in size. There's some pretty large tail bags out there too, but not sure exactly how much it'll hold on the R3.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Top case is the only real option here. 30-40 liters most likely. I have saddlebags and getting groceries into then is not fun,or something I'd recommend as a long term solution.

For two or three hundred... You are going to have to keep an eye on the used market or do some diy. The rack alone will probably cost near that budget

1 - 4 of 4 Posts