Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am almost nearing the mileage for my first service at 600 miles. This may be a long shot but does anyone know of any good shops near the Orange County area in Southern California? I bought my bike from Del Amo motorsport in Costa Mesa but not sure if I should bring it there for service as I've heard not so positive reviews about their service department.

Thank you.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am almost nearing the mileage for my first service at 600 miles. This may be a long shot but does anyone know of any good shops near the Orange County area in Southern California? I bought my bike from Del Amo motorsport in Costa Mesa but not sure if I should bring it there for service as I've heard not so positive reviews about their service department.

Thank you.
bought my R3 from del amo in santa ana ( i think this is the one you went to, there's no costa mesa one) right off the 55FWY and dyer..

i brought it in to them to service on my 600 miles, and they were pretty quick with the recall repair and 600 mile service.. had it back the same day even though they quoted me it would take some days to get the recall parts..

a few weeks later i was installing my fender eliminator and integrated tail light, and noticed they had lost a washer that was on one of the bolts holding the seat down.. not a big deal, i had a spare washer that nearly fit the same.. then I found part of a mini flashlight tucked near the metal heat sink..

i brought it in to them and told them what I found in my bike and they looked up the service man who was working on my bike and blamed a guy named Jose for leaving it in there and losing my washer.. so yea, already pretty sketchy with their service department.

HOWEVER.. i purchased the prepaid maintenance package which was supposed to be like $4000 in savings total.. like 60% off total service fees for 3 years or something.. so I'm sorta obligated to keep returning for future service dates.. BUT I made clear to them that I'm conscious of the undercarriage and hope they wont mess around under there anymore.. I believe they are a little lax under the seat if they think the end user is never going to tinker underneath..but that's just an assumption.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah sorry,I meant Santa Ana. That's the reason I did not buy the prepaid maintenance from them. Because I don't think I am going to go back their for maintenance. Hope others from Orange County will chime in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts