Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any good bike documentaries or videos? Seen twist of the wrist quite a few times. I saw that MotoVoodo video a few months back when it was online. Why we ride is a pretty good one. I just saw

https://youtu.be/EvTCXURpRCs

That was a fun documentary. The ones with Dr. John Hinds are pretty good as well.

Any suggestions for a good (motorcycle related) video?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Anyone have any good bike documentaries or videos? Seen twist of the wrist quite a few times. I saw that MotoVoodo video a few months back when it was online. Why we ride is a pretty good one. I just saw

https://youtu.be/EvTCXURpRCs

That was a fun documentary. The ones with Dr. John Hinds are pretty good as well.

Any suggestions for a good (motorcycle related) video?
This video is not available. :(

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This video is not available. :(
It works just fine. I just clicked it to double check. I did notice however when I clicked it to check, it has a bunch of ads spaced in between, where as the first time I watched it, there were non at all. It's a great video.

·
Registered
228 Posts
It works just fine. I just clicked it to double check. I did notice however when I clicked it to check, it has a bunch of ads spaced in between, where as the first time I watched it, there were non at all. It's a great video.
Thanks for checking Kojiiro. I've figured out what the problem was. The YouTube video is location specific, meaning that users trying to access this video from the UK will not be able to view it, and will get shown a grey box with a message stating "This video is not available".

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks for checking Kojiiro. I've figured out what the problem was. The YouTube video is location specific, meaning that users trying to access this video from the UK will not be able to view it, and will get shown a grey box with a message stating "This video is not available".

Hitting the Apex, one of the best moto gp documentaries on the market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I remember that trailer a while back, completely forgot about th movie. I just bought it to watch on duty tomorrow.

I've watched it probably 4-5 times. And I still put it on sometime for specific parts. One of my favorite documentaries and for sure worth the money. I still get a little emotional on the Marco simoncelli part.. have fun watching it, grab a beer or a smoke or some popcorn and enjoy haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The Doctor, The Tornado, and The Kentucky Kid is a good one. It's free to stream on the MotoGP site: http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/201...2089.1650112260.1497883339-1935730.1479221128

Along with Hitting The Apex there's Faster, and Fastest.
Those are good. I have them all and watched them probably 3 times each. Also another good one is "Casey Stoner: The Final Lap". It's much shorter but pretty good. Whether you like Casey or not, it really does make you respect him more for what he's accomplished and his pure talent. One of the top 3 best in the world in my opinion!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Mark Neale's MotoGP documentaries are awesome. Narrated by Ewan McGregor. Faster, the first one was done pre-MotoGP going to four strokes, when they were still insane two-stroke beasts. Then there's Faster & Faster, and then Fastest.

Faster is viewable on YouTube and Vimeo. Here's a link.

I am a huge Isle of Man TT and Guy Martin fan. Been looking for the Blu-Ray for the TT3D Closer to the Edge (The Isle of Man TT documentary) but it is only available in UK format. Luckily it is up on YouTube. Nothing but poetry in motion on the razor's edge. The US has Nascar. The UK, the TT. Pffft.

·
Registered
732 Posts
What about CycleCruza? haha..
that guy cracks me up though.
YouTube is full of clowns.
Yammie Noob, CycleCruza, BakerXderek, SnewJ, JakeTheGardenSnake, etc.
YammieNoob is pretty funny and creative but a total asshat for riding on the weong side like he was on a track. But I won't hate on him like most of teh interwebz. He's lucky to be breathing.

Almost forgot this one. Speed with Guy Martin where he builds a custom bike to conquer the Pike's Peak Hill Climb.

Gotta love Guy Martin. Can't understand half the **** he says (and that's being conservative), but he's still a normal bloke-he's famous but a maverick. He has sponsors and sells swag but he's a TT racer and personality; he's not making Rossi money for sure. He still works his day job as a truck mechanic and gets down and dirty with wrenches on his race bikes. He's as real as they get but I still love the Doctor, John McGuiness, Ian Hitchinsom, Max Biaggi, Miguel Duhamel, Nicky Hayden (R.I.P.), et al

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
YammieNoob is pretty funny and creative but a total asshat for riding on the weong side like he was on a track. But I won't hate on him like most of teh interwebz. He's lucky to be breathing.

Almost forgot this one. Speed with Guy Martin where he builds a custom bike to conquer the Pike's Peak Hill Climb.

Gotta love Guy Martin. Can't understand half the **** he says (and that's being conservative), but he's still a normal bloke-he's famous but a maverick. He has sponsors and sells swag but he's a TT racer and personality; he's not making Rossi money for sure. He still works his day job as a truck mechanic and gets down and dirty with wrenches on his race bikes. He's as real as they get but I still love the Doctor, John McGuiness, Ian Hitchinsom, Max Biaggi, Miguel Duhamel, Nicky Hayden (R.I.P.), et al
Guy Martin is hilarious. I laughed my ass off when he started talking about whacking off in the van during race weekends in Closer to the Edge. That is definitely not a PG-rated documentary lol...glad I had the subtitles when I watched it because I could only understand about half of what he was saying like you mentioned. The funny thing is even when you do pick up the actual words...the **** he's saying still doesn't make any sense! lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts