Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is with mixed emotions I must say I am leaving the R3 community...
I got a great deal on a new '14 Triumph Daytona 675...

Hopefully my baby will find a new home and someone who will love her as much as I did...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Well, that is an upgrade in performance, but not in comfort!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I kept my R3 when I got my new bike. It's always good to have a reliable japanese backup! :)

Reactions: CBRpilot

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I kept my R3 when I got my new bike. It's always good to have a reliable japanese backup! :)
How are you liking that 959? What do you like most about it? ( Besides the looks )
What do you like the least about it? Any problems?

·
Registered
162 Posts
How are you liking that 959? What do you like most about it? ( Besides the looks )
What do you like the least about it? Any problems?
****, I couldn't pick one thing that I like most about it. The list of things I like about it is almost as long as the list of girls I want to ****. I could go on in length on this topic. ;)

If I had to pick a single thing (besides looks), maybe how stable it feels in every situation I put it in. It feels just as rock solid fully leaned over as it does going straight down the highway at 140mph.

What do I like the least? It doesn't have a overfill chamber on the gas tank. So when I fill up, it splashes up on the tank pretty often. It irritates me. Either that, or how hard it is to clean the front wheel due to the size of the two front rotors.

Reactions: CBRpilot

·
Registered
346 Posts
Lol no way, I am picking up a 2007 Daytona 675 this weekend! $5500, 6400mi, full exhaust + tune, pazzo levers, 8 point frame slider system, woodcraft rear sets, HeliBar clip-ons, aftermarket windscreen, HIDs, brand new tires... and a FULL SET of track bodywork :) The bike also had its tune and a full safety inspection from the Triumph dealership last month. Cannot believe I got such a good price, I am beyond excited.

Well, that is an upgrade in performance, but not in comfort!
When I got back on the R3 after putting 50 miles on the Daytona I genuinely laughed out loud. The R3 was stupid comfortable, but quite honestly I enjoyed the more aggressive seating on the Daytona. I'm 23 and in good shape, I figure I might as well enjoy a supersport while I can ;)

Also, my HeliBar clip-ons raise the bars about 1.5", which (on the 06-08 generation Daytonas) actually ends up giving me 4º less forward lean than a Fireblade ;)

I so badly want to do this. Seriously, when I finish law school the first thing I buy after finding a place with a garage is another R3. I love this bike and I don't want to get rid of it, but two bikes isn't feasible right now :(

·
Registered
330 Posts
vercify;406097When I got back on the R3 after putting 50 miles on the Daytona I genuinely laughed out loud. The R3 was stupid comfortable said:
but quite honestly I enjoyed the more aggressive seating on the Daytona[/B]. I'm 23 and in good shape, I figure I might as well enjoy a supersport while I can ;)
This is me with my bike. The R3 is super comfortable, but once you get used to being leaned over, it's very easy to get used to. I very much prefer the seating position on my S1000RR.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts