Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just snagged a pit bull stand for a $75(average goes around 100 for craigslist here, not the newest but good enough for use)

Didn't get the spool yet but I tried to move the bolt, the biggest I have on my wrench is only 11/16 and it's still a little bit too small. What is the size of the bolt on the stand?

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
It's a 19mm or 3/4" .

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
18 mm is the next size up, but I didn't think PB used metric bolts. Got one of these?

(and $75 is a pretty good deal at about half list price)
oh I was so dumb that I have a adjustable wrench laying around but just keep looking at my 1/4 wrench set

Yea it was a decent price even being a little older than the average $100 on craigslist given they do not break easy. Still worthwhile for 45minutes drive for it(less than $10 gas)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats a good deal considering they last forever. Use the crescent as Stirz mentioned. Set and forget.
I just ordered the 6mm spool so I could do that, with the milage I'm doing I am expecting a chain clean/lube every 2weeks(~250-300miles a week)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I only ever do 600mile chain lubes. 300 would get old quick.
yup that's why I plan on doing it every 2weeks, I do pretty stable 250-300miles a week for commuting

do you wash the chain with water after the degreaser/cleaner? Or just apply the lube after the cleaner?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
yup that's why I plan on doing it every 2weeks, I do pretty stable 250-300miles a week for commuting

do you wash the chain with water after the degreaser/cleaner? Or just apply the lube after the cleaner?
When I actually clean the chain, I spray the whole thing with WD40, then use a brush to clean all the grime off. I then wipe the whole chain down with a rag to get the excess WD40 off, along with any residual dirt. I will let it sit and then use a rag again. When the chain looks nice, shiny and dry, I put on the actual chain lube.

·
Registered
717 Posts
18 mm is the next size up, but I didn't think PB used metric bolts. Got one of these?

(and $75 is a pretty good deal at about half list price)
Thought you were an engineer, mang. Anytime a bolt has X.X (numbers), they are metric. The numbers denote the hardening, whereas the SAE system uses hash marks to denote hardening.
In your defense, bro, America is the only nation in the universe that does not use the metric system. Even people from the [moon?] Pluto use the metric system. An arrogant breed we are. Lol

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Thought you were an engineer, mang. Anytime a bolt has X.X (numbers), they are metric. The numbers denote the hardening, whereas the SAE system uses hash marks to denote hardening.
In your defense, bro, America is the only nation in the universe that does not use the metric system. Even people from the [moon?] Pluto use the metric system. An arrogant breed we are. Lol
Everyone learns something from the R3 Forum. In 30 years of being in the 'biz', I've not once had the occasion to spec metric bolts - it just never came up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts