Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys..got a little bit of problem with my bike ..this noise has bothering me lately..i've asked many r25/r3 user but this problem never happen to them..sometime the noise came up sometimes not..when i rev the throttle a little bit, the cricket noise is gone..and i wonder if any of you guys have counter this problem or still having it..just want to know which part of the engine or anywhere that makes the noise..hopefully it is not a major problem..

My bike is Yamaha R25 2018

Link for the noise

·
Registered
434 Posts
I honestly can't hear any "screeching" in that video. To me it sounds like a typical small CC engine. Has it got enough oil, and is it using the correct oil?

Someone else might be able to hear something I can't 😅

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The noise is similar as dry clucth sound..it doesnt make the noise before..so i can tell the noise is somehow a problem but could not tell where the noise coming from..im using silkolene 15-50 semi synthetic esther ..maybe the oil is too thick for this delicate engine🤔😅

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh wow, that's loud. Yes, that oil is wayyyy to viscous. OEM specification is 10W-40, have you always ran 15-50?
[/QUOTE
Oh wow, that's loud. Yes, that oil is wayyyy to viscous. OEM specification is 10W-40, have you always ran 15-50?
Just this once..after that i change back to 10w-40 the next services..but the sound still there ..it became a little bit loud if the engine started for several minute..🤔

·
Vendor
2016 Yamaha YZF-R3
35 Posts
Yeah if it's always ran 15-50 it probably damaged the engine. Any sounds will be louder with less viscous oil because there's less resistance. An old trick that people do when selling used vehicles with low compression or weird sounds is to run high viscosity (even up to transmission fluid) oil in the engine for sale. Then when the buyer changes the oil next all the old problems show up again and are even worse.

·
Super Moderator
1,360 Posts
I would be highly surprised if it was damage from 15/50 oil, as the engine is not throwing that much heat or power around, that is only a step away from 10/40 oil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts