Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Wednesday a lady swung over and hit me with her MiniCooper. Bike slid and the damage didn't look too bad. Anyways she agreed to pay until the bill came back for repairs. It's almost how much I spent for the motorcycle to begin with. Now she's going to go with an insurance fix. By the time it gets back it's suppose to look way better that I bought it. Not sure why I feel so bad for her, I guess that's what insurance is for. Anyways I'm waiting to hear from her insurance company or maybe they will contact the repair place directly.

Here is the bill. Fingers crossed all gets paid and goes smoothly.

As driving to work in traffic SUCKS and I HATE it especially after the delightful month on my R3.

Screen Shot 2016-06-27 at 10.43.53 AM.png

·
Registered
20 Posts
On Wednesday a lady swung over and hit me with her MiniCooper. Bike slid and the damage didn't look too bad. Anyways she agreed to pay until the bill came back for repairs. It's almost how much I spent for the motorcycle to begin with. Now she's going to go with an insurance fix. By the time it gets back it's suppose to look way better that I bought it. Not sure why I feel so bad for her, I guess that's what insurance is for. Anyways I'm waiting to hear from her insurance company or maybe they will contact the repair place directly.

As driving to work in traffic SUCKS and I HATE it especially after the delightful month on my R3.

View attachment 40306
Wow, im glad you're ok health wise.

·
Registered
63 Posts
ONE very big item missing from this quote. DIMINISHED VALUE. Your bike will never sell for the same amount with the accident on the record. They should compensate you for that. DEMAND it and don't accept the settlement without it.

View attachment 40306

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ONE very big item missing from this quote. DIMINISHED VALUE. Your bike will never sell for the same amount with the accident on the record. They should compensate you for that. DEMAND it and don't accept the settlement without it.
Thanks so much for the heads up, I never thought about that and they just agreed to 100% liability. I'll go ahead and ask them for that.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
This is absolutely 110% true. Problem is, you cannot add diminished value into a repair order. You would need to have a separate conversation with the driver's insurance company and 9 times out of 10, an attorney, or at the very least, small claims court is required in order to receive reimbursement for diminished value.

It's one of those things that nobody thinks of until they go to trade in their vehicle and get butt punched because of a ding on the carfax report

·
Registered
304 Posts
Get an attorney now, not later, not after you speak with her insurance, now. While she may be a decent, honest person, you will get screwed, and not the nice kind with a lot of ball play.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Was a citation issued. I'd see a lawyer and ask for rental car while repairs and with that amount of damage I'm suprized they did not total it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts