Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Received my used seat from th3demonlord today. I proceeded to strip the used seat and then mount the base/mounting plate to it, and then attach my Givi box to it. I know getting on the bike is a bit tricky, but now the bike can carry some stuff. Here's a few pics of the install.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Received my used seat from th3demonlord today. I proceeded to strip the used seat and then mount the base/mounting plate to it, and then attach my Givi box to it. I know getting on the box is a bit tricky, but now the bike can carry some stuff. Here's a few pics of the install.
Nice mod!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm a little hesitant about doing this and I'll tell you why.

I was waxing my bike for the first time yesterday and was looking at the seat attachment brackets. They're really not that strong, strong enough to hold the seat but that lock mechanism doesn't look real strong. The bracket on my Majesty you could pick the bike up with it. I don't guess there is a whole lot of other options out there.

Anthony, you have to remember, that box can be removed quickly when not in use. You don't have to carry the trunk around all the time, only when you need it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is doing great. I use it almost every day (when it isn't raining). I am glad I put it on. As far as the used rear set, there was a fellow who kinda did an end over and scuffed up the pass seat and some of his bodywork. I contacted him to see if he would sell me his used seat, as he was gonna buy new parts for all the parts he scuffed up.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Where do you find a used rear seat? I'd love to do this and I have a trunk. I just need the used seat.
One thing that might bring folks out looking to get rid of a seat are Want To Buy threads aka 'WTB'

Put the word out and chances are they'll find you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sportrider2, it's an E30 series. It will hold a full face helmet. I got if off of Ebay for around $90 shipped. It comes with the quick release base so it can be taken off in about 2 seconds. It is tricky for me to get on and off the bike. Yamaha has a rear luggage rack, but last time I checked, it wasn't available here in the states yet.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I proceeded to strip the used seat and then mount the base/mounting plate to it, and then attach my Givi box to it.
If you would please, could you take a photo or two looking at the front of the passenger seat where the case mounts? I am interested in how far back on the seat pan you mounted the case.

Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts