Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just bought those same ones! They came in the mail today. Then I came to the forums and saw your post. Lol.
Let me know how your install goes and how you like them! My brake lever feels a little.. idk, loose? I think I need to tighten one of the screws a bit, the weird nut on the bottom doesn't seem to be as tightened as the clutch lever.

I LOVE the look though, and they feel great!

·
Registered
175 Posts
They look awesome. Saw those and many others on Ebay. Waited too long, now it's gunna take a month for shipping. :( Guess I'll keep waiting.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They look awesome. Saw those and many others on Ebay. Waited too long, now it's gunna take a month for shipping. :( Guess I'll keep waiting.
Thanks!

Also, my shipping estimate on these was a month but they showed up in a week. It really is hit or miss with shipping from China.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would count on it being the longer than the shorter. Chinese New Year is this month and it seems like they celebrate by shutting down business.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would count on it being the longer than the shorter. Chinese New Year is this month and it seems like they celebrate by shutting down business.
Totally forgot about Chinese New Year. Yea, its literally a month long hiatus, lol. My dad's company produces a lot of kitchenware stuff from China and they have to plan year long shipping/production quotas around Chinese New Year because they essentially lose an entire month.

I'd place an order for sure but wouldn't be surprised if it takes a while.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Let me know how your install goes and how you like them! My brake lever feels a little.. idk, loose? I think I need to tighten one of the screws a bit, the weird nut on the bottom doesn't seem to be as tightened as the clutch lever.

Will do, have install planned for this weekend when I'm off work.

·
Registered
545 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts

Installed today, I totally know what you're talking about with the brake lever. You can adjust it, you just need to tighten it right next to where the lever adjustment is. BUT, you need two tools, one to tighten it on top, and one to hold the bottom nut in place. Otherwise when you're trying to tighten it from the top the bottom nut will just spin around you won't really be tightening anything.. But with holding the nut with one tool on the bottom and tightening on the top it tightens and is a whole lot better!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Installed today, I totally know what you're talking about with the brake lever. You can adjust it, you just need to tighten it right next to where the lever adjustment is. BUT, you need two tools, one to tighten it on top, and one to hold the bottom nut in place. Otherwise when you're trying to tighten it from the top the bottom nut will just spin around you won't really be tightening anything.. But with holding the nut with one tool on the bottom and tightening on the top it tightens and is a whole lot better!
I managed to do the same, but I only had a big fat pair of pliers to hold the bottom knut down so I couldn't get it as tight as I wanted. I think I found a better tool for the job so I should be able to tighten it up some more, at least to the point where it isn't too sloppy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I managed to do the same, but I only had a big fat pair of pliers to hold the bottom knut down so I couldn't get it as tight as I wanted. I think I found a better tool for the job so I should be able to tighten it up some more, at least to the point where it isn't too sloppy.
we used needle nose pliers. It's too small of an area to get a socket under there.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am somewhat disappointed with my CNC replacements; purchased from eBay. The fitment is adequate on the clutch side (a little wiggle), but totally too loose on the brake side. By loose, I mean the lever move up and down like I need washers to fill the space. It's works, but sticks on my brake light actuator.

Any suggestions for adjustable levers???

·
Registered
92 Posts
I attempted the over/under tightening; no luck the play at the pivot was the same and sticking at the actuator button.

I'm considering the CRGs from Sportbikes Track Gear. I will review the link 'Bird' provided. I'm willing to pay more to insure I STOP will I want and ESPECIALLY when I NEED TO!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just ordered the shorty version of the levers hope they come quickly

1 - 16 of 16 Posts