Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling a complete Graves Yamaha Exhaust System. It includes the headers, carbon fiber canister, and all the hardware. I bought it for my race bike but to keep my motor guy happy, have had to switch to a different system. Haven't noticed a big difference and actually think the Graves pipe is about the best looking and sounding on the market. Its only been on the bike for 4 race weekends. Some minor bluing you'd expect but otherwise very nearly like new looking. $575 delivered. New is nearly $900! Mike: 314 496 4521.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
What is your "motor guys" problem with the Graves system? Is he just a brand-wh0re?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No brand *****. Motor has some really cool mods by Spears Enterprises and Greg worked directly with M4 to build a system that matches his mods.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
No brand *****. Motor has some really cool mods by Spears Enterprises and Greg worked directly with M4 to build a system that matches his mods.
There can't possibly be that much difference between the M4 full system, and the Graves full system.

I would bet there is no difference at all. ( Other than "looks", and the name on it. )

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pipe and headers are still for sale. I have been lazy in getting it sold. It is in excellent condition and added a lot of good looks and power to the bike. Not to mention reduced the weight significantly. Only when you remove the stock pipe do you really get how heavy the stock stuff is! I used it only 4 weekends before switching to an M4 pipe. Much contreversy there. Ok, the M4 is said to make more power and I don't refute that. We went with the M4, however, because we also had the head ported and installed reground cams specifically designed to work with the M4. For street use, though, there isn't THAT much difference, I dare say. Heck I raced with the GRAVES pipe and didn't feel terribly disadvantaged. I can send additional pictures upon request. The GRAVES sticker is peeling off ever so slightly, and there are some scuff marks where the clamp goes around the pipe which can't be seen once installed (that would happen to a new pipe pretty quickly so no difference from new there). Text or email if you are interested. I'll be putting in on Ebay pretty soon. Mike 314 496 4521.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts