Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Graves vs Vegabond fender eliminator kits

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Timbo64 
#1 · (Edited)
I ordered a Vegabond FE kit a few days ago and it should arrive Monday afternoon.
I just ordered a Graves FE kit a few minutes ago and it should arrive Wednesday afternoon.

I'll probably install the Graves FE first and then after a few weeks I'll take it off and install the Vegabond FE kit.

I love the way both of them look and I could not make up my mind!!!:D

See less See more
#2 ·
Well that's a thorough way to decide! I just went with the vagabond. The looks are about the same, but the Vagabond adds a few nicer features. 1. It's a solid piece of aluminum with the frame bolts welded into the unit so the installation is easier, cleaner, and more resistant to elements. 2. The stock plate light is re-used and is seamlessly integrated up under the seat. 3. The stock signals re-attach WITHOUT the flimsy rubber factory mounts that everyone disses.

I don't really see an advantage to the Graves and doesn't it cost more as well?
I guess if it's a name you trust I understand.

#3 ·
No competition here... Vagabond is the way to go. There is no reason to even give the cops a reason to pull you over. And the way the license place light tucks up nice and tidy on the vagabond kit ... it just is ridiculous NOT to have it at that point.

#5 ·
I installed Vagabond just because of the license plate light, need it for legit inspection here in Pa.
Re-using the stock turn signals was a little awkward for me. Followed the instruction but the first "big" flat washer that went on still pinches the stock turn signal wires no matter what.
Still, got it on with just minor issues and it looks great.

#7 ·
I was expecting my Vegabond FE to be delivered Monday afternoon, but it arrived this afternoon.
I'm impressed.....especially for the low price it cost compared to other FE kits.
It's much lighter than I thought it would be and the build quality is top notch.
I can't wait to install it tomorrow!

I can see why you guts like these so much!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.