Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm a beginner rider and new to the forums. Got 2020 Yamaha r3 as my first bike last month. Just like many other new r3 owner, I did a lot of research to find the best spot for phone mount on the bike. I saw great DIY tutorials with links and images, those are very elaborative and helpful. It seems that most people go with the option to buy Ram mount X grip, the ball base and M6 separately then assemble them all together and mount on the left of the hand bar. I personally think that's the best spot to mount the phone because it's in a space that is easy to reach and be visible, it won't affect you seeing dashboard and it does not bother the key. The reason I did not go with Ram mount is that I wanted to buy all the needed parts all at once in one order instead of buying all parts separately. Plus I would like to see a mount with the design that even if the phone is not mounted, the handle bar can still look neat and low-profile.
I see other R3 owners use Rokform mount on the right side of handle bar, it looks okay too, but you also have to make some space to fit it.
Finally I found SP connect, which I think is perfect for me:
1617857972857.png
link: Clutch Mount Pro
It comes with M6 screw and that's exactly what I wanted. Actually I placed one order with three things in total:

A phone case to lock your phone on the mount is absolutely needed. I would say the anti-vibration module is also useful because you want to prevent the damage to your phone cam that can be potentially caused by vibration.
I attach some photos of the installation, super easy to install, it only took me 10 minutes.

Most importantly the design is very low-profile on the bike, that's exactly what I wanted! The anti-vibration module is bigger than its original surface. Without the anti-vibration, the mount looks even smaller. I have been using it for navigation, the phone can sit behind the windshield, the mount lock is very steady, no need to worry the phone fly off or anything like that,
I'm very satisfied, so hopefully this post can help other r3 owners who are looking for a great phone mount like this.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nice setup. I went with the Ram because I prefer as low profile a case as possible. Additionally, if im on the bike, the mount has the phone on it so the footprint of the mount is inconsequential. I've been using it for about 3 years now, 2 years with my Galaxy S10, with no issues. That includes a 50mph low side and the phone stayed put...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used the ram mount ball on the left side with I believe an M6 50MM and the RAM Quick-Grip XL Phone Holder as it's much more secure than any other phone holder on the market. For sure your phone is going nowhere. I never have to worry about any proprietary case either at $30 a pop or more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts