Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all.

Just picked up a 2015 R3 for my wife and decided to ride it to work today. Great little bike although I need to get used to not having as much power!! Have a R1200GS and a Hayabusa, but I love the little R3.

Tyres need to be replaced though....they are really bad!! I'll have a look at the tyre section!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome, and christ on a bike ... what is it with experienced riders of liter bikes down grading to whimpy 300's then moan about the lack of power. I think I'll down grade back to a 125cc and moan about how lacking in power it is compared to a 321cc :p

·
Registered
228 Posts
All this stuff about "for the wife..." is probably horse poo ... the guy is saying he's loving it ... you would of thought if it's for his wife, the wife would be loving it, but no it's his and he's loving it ... but he's saying it's for his wife so he doesn't look a ***** cause he use to rolling around on liter bikes cause 300's are for pussies innit :p

Anyway just jesting don't take it to heart. Ride whatever you want, and whatever you feel comfortable with and also ride safe.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome, and christ on a bike ... what is it with experienced riders of liter bikes down grading to whimpy 300's then moan about the lack of power. I think I'll down grade back to a 125cc and moan about how lacking in power it is compared to a 321cc :p
:laugh::laugh:

Ok, I'll stop, but I do love it! Wife hasn't been riding for 20 years so she is re-doing her training course and will then decide whether she wants to risk it again. Must be honest that it was my idea so we could go riding together again. We will see!

Until then...that R3 is mine!!! lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome. Agree with you on the tires haha. Brakes are also shady.
Funny you said that, I watched loads of reviews on the R3 and most people said the same, but I have found that if you use the front and back brakes together, it doesn't seem to be a problem. She who must be obeyed won't be doing silly speeds on it though so no problem...YET!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome! I've mentioned it before but my experience with the brakes is this: came from an 09 zx6r and the dual 4-pot Nissin calipers were awesome. Felt the R3 single 2-pot was lacking so I went about installing a 4-pot R6 caliper, SS lines and N650 master cylinder ( in no particular order) having all three and I really loved my brakes then. I read an article showing The Hammer doing a stoppie on stock brakes. I ended up removing my brakes and going back to stock for a while for whatever reason and noticed the brakes were much better. I think I can attribute that to a combination of bedding the pads/rotor, SS lines and a solid MC fluid flush.

So in short a good bed in period and your brakes should feel much better and stop better. Try it before you go crazy with mods. All that aside, I have a Brembo RCS 15 and a 4-pot axial caliper on the R25 now lol.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Funny you said that, I watched loads of reviews on the R3 and most people said the same, but I have found that if you use the front and back brakes together, it doesn't seem to be a problem. She who must be obeyed won't be doing silly speeds on it though so no problem...YET!
Nice bikes and nice Porsche 911 you got there :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome! I've mentioned it before but my experience with the brakes is this: came from an 09 zx6r and the dual 4-pot Nissin calipers were awesome. Felt the R3 single 2-pot was lacking so I went about installing a 4-pot R6 caliper, SS lines and N650 master cylinder ( in no particular order) having all three and I really loved my brakes then. I read an article showing The Hammer doing a stoppie on stock brakes. I ended up removing my brakes and going back to stock for a while for whatever reason and noticed the brakes were much better. I think I can attribute that to a combination of bedding the pads/rotor, SS lines and a solid MC fluid flush.

So in short a good bed in period and your brakes should feel much better and stop better. Try it before you go crazy with mods. All that aside, I have a Brembo RCS 15 and a 4-pot axial caliper on the R25 now lol.
I tend to agree with you, but thank you for the post of your experience, that will save me some cash later!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts