Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just decided to pop in and say hello. I'm a rider from Wisconsin, and have been riding dirtbikes all my life.

Over the last few months I've realized its time to start saving. I'm saving up for an R3 right now, but the real question for me is... Where do I buy one? I'd prefer to buy a brand new one.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
If you live within 100-150 miles of Minneapolis, try this dealer in Osseo, MN.

Here is the deal a forum member (eddiein1984) got there. They're selling Out The Door for less than the dealer cost of the bike, which is exactly $4,464.00.

" The deal at Heinen's in Osseo, MN is real. I just picked my Team Blue R3 today, it came to $4578 OTD, all dealer and state fees included. I asked the owner about their pricing, and he says they always sell at cost, less all dealer incentives and customer rebates, plus their $175 setup fee. They then leverage Yamaha's volume dealer incentives (essentially a dealer hold-back for selling lots of units) to increase their margin and lower their prices as the season progresses. They started at $4799 in June, were $4599 in July, then $4199 a couple weeks ago, and now $3999 this week. "

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you live within 100-150 miles of Minneapolis, try this dealer in Osseo, MN.

Here is the deal a forum member (eddiein1984) got there. They're selling Out The Door for less than the dealer cost of the bike, which is exactly $4,464.00.

" The deal at Heinen's in Osseo, MN is real. I just picked my Team Blue R3 today, it came to $4578 OTD, all dealer and state fees included. I asked the owner about their pricing, and he says they always sell at cost, less all dealer incentives and customer rebates, plus their $175 setup fee. They then leverage Yamaha's volume dealer incentives (essentially a dealer hold-back for selling lots of units) to increase their margin and lower their prices as the season progresses. They started at $4799 in June, were $4599 in July, then $4199 a couple weeks ago, and now $3999 this week. "
Thanks Fang! I will be picking one up sometime early 2016, before the end of March!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hey guys, just decided to pop in and say hello. I'm a rider from Wisconsin, and have been riding dirtbikes all my life.

Over the last few months I've realized its time to start saving. I'm saving up for an R3 right now, but the real question for me is... Where do I buy one? I'd prefer to buy a brand new one.
Welcome! Where are you in Wisconsin? A couple local forums you may want to visit for local ride days or track days would be WiRiders, Minnesota Sport bike Riders, and/or Midwest Sport Riders.

I would recommend Rock River Powersports, down in Johnson Creek (in between Madison and Milwaukee off 94), if you didn't want to drive to Minneapolis. Although, for that OTD price, I would be driving! :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome! Where are you in Wisconsin? A couple local forums you may want to visit for local ride days or track days would be WiRiders, Minnesota Sport bike Riders, and/or Midwest Sport Riders.

I would recommend Rock River Powersports, down in Johnson Creek (in between Madison and Milwaukee off 94), if you didn't want to drive to Minneapolis. Although, for that OTD price, I would be driving! :D
About 30 mins west of Eau Claire in a Menomonie. The twin cities would be my best bet, as its just over an hour away.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've bought many a bike from Heinens. Good family run dealership. Always great pricing.
They have since raised the price back up, but they had the R3 at $3,999 a few weeks ago.
But as mentioned, wait for winter. I've bought MANY new bikes it the winter months. Always great deals.

I actually was just out in Eau Claire a few weeks ago to pick up my R1 from a private party.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts