Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys/Gals, I see they’re both 41mm... 🤷‍♂️ My original ones are bent beyond repair.

·
Registered
309 Posts
They are the same diameter but I can't say the same about the length. Cruiser forks do tend to be longer because of the rake. You might be better off with the forks off an SV650 or an old R6.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are the same diameter but I can't say the same about the length. Cruiser forks do tend to be longer because of the rake. You might be better off with the forks off an SV650 or an old R6.
Thanks for the reply! I finally found an sv650 fork. It’s for an ‘03-‘09 sv650... would you happen to know if these will be “plug n play”(will I need to make any mods or are the specs interchangeable enough for me to be able to slide them in and put the bike back together)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They will fit just fine. Just check on the length of the forks and adjust appropriately
Thanks again for the reply! I skipped on the sv650 set that I came across because the holes for the axel were considerably bigger than the ones on my r3 fork. Could you shed some light on this? I figure I’d need an sv650 wheel? Or will my r3 front wheel fit with some sort of expansion adapter for my r3 axel?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks again for the reply! I skipped on the sv650 set that I came across because the holes for the axel were considerably bigger than the ones on my r3 fork. Could you shed some light on this? I figure I’d need an sv650 wheel? Or will my r3 front wheel fit with some sort of expansion adapter for my r3 axel?
Thanks in advance!
You're opening up a HUGE Can of worms here bud, just go buy R3 forks... If you wont listen, then you'll need an entire SV front end, the axle isn't likely the same length so you'll need a SV wheel, the brakes wont bolt to SV forks so you'll need their calipers, the distance between the forks is larger on the SV so you'll need the upper and lower triple clamps of the SV. The bearings are different sizes so you'll need one of those too. The ignition wont fit into the SV triple so you'll need to do something about that as well... Also the SV has dual calipers, so you'll need a new master cylinder....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're opening up a HUGE Can of worms here bud, just go buy R3 forks... If you wont listen, then you'll need an entire SV front end, the axle isn't likely the same length so you'll need a SV wheel, the brakes wont bolt to SV forks so you'll need their calipers, the distance between the forks is larger on the SV so you'll need the upper and lower triple clamps of the SV. The bearings are different sizes so you'll need one of those too. The ignition wont fit into the SV triple so you'll need to do something about that as well... Also the SV has dual calipers, so you'll need a new master cylinder....
Thanks for your reply! You definitely brought to light potential issues I imagined I’d run into, was just being optimistic 🤷‍♂️ So r3 forks are obviously the best fix...I was just hoping there was an alternative.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your reply! You definitely brought to light potential issues I imagined I’d run into, was just being optimistic 🤷‍♂️ So r3 forks are obviously the best fix...I was just hoping there was an alternative.
Has anyone have any recommendations on where I can find a good priced set of R3 forks? I’ve checked the usual spots like cl, eBay, etc.

Thanks 🙏

1 - 10 of 10 Posts