Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the HealTech Yamaha YZF-R3 QuickShifter on their R3?
Trying to get some feedback on the performance and if any issues. The install seems to be fairly easy and the reviews suggests that it's one of the better systems, both in value and performance.
If not in agreement, what would be your recommendations?

Reference:
http://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/healtech-yamaha-yzf-r3-15-16-quickshifter-easy/

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm reviving this thread. We are half way through the race season. What are thoughts on Annitori vs Dynojet vs HealRech so far?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
For the record, my experience with quick shifters is both street, twistys, and at track days at Laguna Seca, Thunderhill and Sonoma Raceway.

I originally installed the QS Easy. It worked, but I had a few too many false neutrals and missed shifts. On the street you deal with it. When you're pinned on a straightaway at the track and you lose drive with bikes going over a hundred miles an hour coming from behind, I finally had enough. One time an instructor just barely grazed me going by because the R3 jumped into neutral from 4 gear doing around 75mph, with his doing about 125 mph. I switched to Annatori before my next trackday.

I have no complaints with the Annatori. No false neutrals. Installed stock settings just like the QS Easy.

Troubleshooting quick shifters: The QS Easy sensor requires about 6 nm torque on the shift lever. This left the lever loose enough that the lever would still move around on the shaft. It's keyed, but I can't trust loose bolts to not rattle out, and I didn't want to loctite the bolt since I adjust it depending on how I'm riding it. If I tightened the sensor beyond that, the missed shifts and false neutrals increased. I had come as far as I could with this design.

The Annatori uses a different sensor and mounting scheme. The overall theory here is to not have any tension on the sensor so it can read your input to the shift lever like 100,000 times a second. In my opinion, this is a better setup.

I've used both in regular and in GP shift configurations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts