Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if my exhaust is actually going to be hot enough to melt my belly pan while I am at the track. My boyfriend doesn't think its going to put out enough heat to melt it.

Purchased some fairings from hotbodies and the just arrived in the mail. Started prepping it for paint today.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Wondering if my exhaust is actually going to be hot enough to melt my belly pan while I am at the track. My boyfriend doesn't think its going to put out enough heat to melt it.

Purchased some fairings from hotbodies and the just arrived in the mail. Started prepping it for paint today.
I doubt it. I did two track days with no issues. I am sure the other track addicts and racers will chime in as well.

·
Registered
424 Posts
What exhaust are you running? Full system or is the cat still in place? Is there direct contact between the exhaust and fairing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What exhaust are you running? Full system or is the cat still in place? Is there direct contact between the exhaust and fairing?
I have a graves slip on. I do want to get rid of the cat soon though. I want to get a mid pipe, but not sure where to find a good one. I haven't seen any on any of the parts sites online.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haven't tried all of the bodywork on yet. But if there is contact I am going to cut the bodywork.
Sorry forgot to reply to this previously.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a graves slip on. I do want to get rid of the cat soon though. I want to get a mid pipe, but not sure where to find a good one. I haven't seen any on any of the parts sites online.

Thanks guys!
i always get heatshield you can find all different types at all different prices but for me for the 10-20 dollars just worth it. For mid pipes i normally go to a muffler shop (mavis ect) and have them make me one and it normally cost under 30 bucks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts