Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Thinking about getting 12V heated jacket liner and gloves (Hotwired) to connect to my 2019 R3. Any idea if the power draw of these two items would exceed the stock battery capacity and cause any problems? I anticipate most of my heated riding use will be in 40-60F weather in SoCal. Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Anybody have real world experience with heated gear? I know the battery is pretty small and not sure how much extra capacity there is to power heated electrics.

·
Super Moderator
1,378 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Anybody have real world experience with heated gear? I know the battery is pretty small and not sure how much extra capacity there is to power heated electrics.
The battery is for starting. What you want to know is the rating of the stator output: 298W (21A at 14V). Then subtract the wattage of your running lights, mostly.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have plenty of experience with the heated gear on my R3 ,the stock battery can handle it just fine just remember to turn off the controller because if you forget the battery will only last for 5min before its dead and you will need to get a jump. here is a video I did for heated gear.
this next video is how to install a jumper cable in-case your battery dies and need a jump from your power bank
Hope this helps :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts