Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking for a couple months and thought it was about time to participate! I'm a 28 year old girl, just south of San Francisco, CA. I've been thinking about learning to ride a motorcycle for years and when my fiancee encouraged me to take the MSF course, I decided it was now or never. I got my 2015 Raven R3 a month or two after that. My fiancee got a FZ-07 a month or so after that (he's been riding off and on for years).

It's been quite a steep learning curve since I have a shorter inseam (longer torso and only 5'3" anyway) and we live in a hilly area with lots of cars parallel parked along the streets (narrow roads!). I dropped her on a steep hill at the stop sign when I stalled. Slow speed maneuvers are definitely not my strong suit! :laugh:

We've already switched out the whale tail and pumpkin lights for TST Industries' fender eliminator kit and flushmount signals and we're thinking about shaving the OEM seat to try and get me closer to flat footing the bike. Has anyone here shaved their seat?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Looking at your picture, it doesn't look to me like you need to shave your seat. You are flat-foot on the ground.
You just need more practice at low-speed control. It's a "coordination thing". You'll get it.
Enjoy the R3. Fun little bike.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Looking at your picture, it doesn't look to me like you need to shave your seat. You are flat-foot on the ground.
You just need more practice at low-speed control. It's a "coordination thing". You'll get it.
Enjoy the R3. Fun little bike.
Agreed. Don't be too quick to lower your bike. Glad to have you aboard!

Ride Safe!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts