Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone!

Just received my Yamaha R3 Team Yamaha Blue/Silver on Saturday May 16th. Shout-out to Powersports Victory, Yamaha/Suzuki dealership for helping me with my purchase!

Coming from a Kawasaki Ninja 300 Special Edition non-ABS (black/white); my opinion, I am loving the R3 much much more than I do with the Ninja. Everything about it is so much better with my experiences. A lot of it has to do with comfort.

Standing at 5'1" and 130 lbs, I started riding about a year ago. I am able to get on the R3 and have no issues putting 1 foot on the ground. The narrow seat may have helped me a lot as with my Ninja 300's seat was much wider and .2" higher (not a whole lot of difference).

I am hoping to have more fun on this bike than I did with my Ninja which was passed down to my younger brother to learn how to ride motorcycles.

Best part that surprised me most was when my order had been finally delivered, my salesman was walking me over to introduced me to my new motorcycle, I was truly amazed to see it for the first time in person and had noticed they had sent me the R3, already with the Yoshimura full exhaust system and Vagabond (I believe it is this name) fender eliminator installed. Saved me a lot of extra cash with these already came with my bike!

I am proud to be an owner of the Yamaha R3 and a member of this forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice one! And here I thought I was fancy because my dealer stuck the battery tender cable on for me, hahaha!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealer was trying to tell me it is the "only" one in the country but I'm sure others have it as well. It just a way to make you the customer feel more excited about your purchase hehe

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no idea. Just walked in placed my order and waited for 5 weeks patiently. Then when I got the email and phone call that my bike had finally arrived for me to go do the final paperwork. I walked into this. My dealer/salesman just said, "Congrats on the achievement! You are now the FIRST and ONLY customer in the U.S. to receive the Yoshimura Yamaha YZF-R3!" I have no idea this one came in the package nor did my dealership. They said they were aware of this specific add on but didn't expect to have received at their lot. They claimed there is only one in America as of right now. Because I have already made the purchase they couldn't sell me the Yoshimura Yamaha at its MSRP which would've costed at $5740, still got it at a whopping $4990. Other owners will have to make their purchase separately xD

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sometimes the dealer dents or scratches the stock pipe and an aftermarket pipe is a lot cheaper than the OEM pipe. (I'm not saying that scenario applies to this case!)

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Sometimes the dealer dents or scratches the stock pipe and an aftermarket pipe is a lot cheaper than the OEM pipe. (I'm not saying that scenario applies to this case!)
Yes, that Yosh pipe had to be installed by the dealer since it's not the Yamaha Signature Yosh pipe that has the badge on it that says R3. Plus, the Vagabond Fender Eliminator wasn't even available until a few weeks ago and your bike was built in January of this year.

That was a definite score!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agreed. Even in papers there are nothing stating anything about the Yoshimura pipes. I have seen the yoshi pipe with the R3 engraved on it. I stated earlier it's a great way for them to make their customers feel great about their purchase by saying congrats on the achievement lol. It is nice to walk away with 2 freebies knowing the Yoshi pipe was something I had plan in mind later on.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Fantastic! I wonder if it was a demo model or something similar. Maybe not a demo, but a showcase unit, something they brought to dealer meetings to gauge interest? I saw one at the motoshow with factory custom Yamaha graphics, I asked the rep and he said they were just taking opinions to see if they should in fact offer it as a legitimate kit...

Welcome to the boards and congrats!!!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Fantastic! I wonder if it was a demo model or something similar. Maybe not a demo, but a showcase unit, something they brought to dealer meetings to gauge interest? I saw one at the motoshow with factory custom Yamaha graphics, I asked the rep and he said they were just taking opinions to see if they should in fact offer it as a legitimate kit...

Welcome to the boards and congrats!!!
That's quite possible, it happens often at shows as that's one of the few real world situations they can gauge interest in them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts