Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motorcycles:

I owned a Honda CBR500 (or something like that) for about a year and a half. I bought it used, and got taken. The thing was a piece of junk – and I didn't know enough about mechanics/motorcycles at the time to figure it out until it was too late. I got rid of it due to lack of money for both my car and a motorcycle.

That was about 10 years ago (I am probably older than you), and now I am saving to buy and R3, as I really want to get back into riding. I love the light weight, good handling idea for me as a newer rider. This along with the fact that I am only 5'7" with a 29" inseam. The lower seat height should allow me to build confidence and skill with a motorcycle. The R3 also fits with my philosophy from my experience with cars.

Cars:

I currently own a Scion FR-S, so I really get the lower power, better handling, lower maintenance costs idea. I have been and instructor with the BMWCCA for about 16 years. I have owned two different BMW's, the last of witch left me nearly broke from maintenance costs. The FR-S is MUCH more reliable, easier to work on, and uses cheaper parts.

Right now I earn my money by teaching new teen drivers in the classroom and behind the wheel.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Good luck, you have chosen the right bike. Its great.

One thing I noticed is you should be getting some very low prices there in MN.

Used ones must be real cheap there if anyone ever parts with them :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts