Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Just picked up an R3 this weekend with plans of using it strictly for track days/racing. I have a '13 Ninja 1000 for street riding and commuting, but have been wanting to get a dedicated track bike. I rode a RC 390 and the R3. Both were great. However, the RC was used with 181 miles on it and had already been to the track (still had the track day sticker on it) and was missing many of the street parts. It had a Comp Werkes pipe on it and looked to be in good shape. However, it was $5500 and that seemed a little steep for a used bike, even with the pipe. I picked up the R3 for $4990 OTD. I paid cash so there no title/doc fees and no tax in Oregon. It came with a Graves slip-on the dealership had already installed. Went with the blue/silver. Seems like a great site with lots of information. Can't wait to see what others have done to their track bikes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome! You picked the best color, sir. Can't wait to hear more about your track experiences with an R3, love reading about R3's on a track.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts