Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up y'all! Just got my rapid red R3 today! Really excited to drive it home, Coming from a 2009 GS500F which felt like a bag of trash compared to the R3. Also ordered a few things today as well! Going to be updating as i go!

I also wanted to say thanks for this website as a whole! i read so many articles prior to buying and am thankful that i did! I almost walked out with a Ninja. Anyway, expect updates! Good day!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy the R3! It's a fun little bike. If it's your first, there are tons of posts here regarding gear, riding, track days, mods, maintenance and everything in between.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome from England and +1 on what Kojiio said.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I feel bad for you. Haines City/Polk County is lesuck. I just moved away from Davenport back to Texas for that very reason.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your new R3 FYI: If you keep reading this forum you will get hooked on all the good people and there knowledge. The info is priceless. If you want better performance then go with that stuff first. If your going for looks then theres that stuff also. And if you want a little louder bike then slip-on or full exhaust system.

It's so addicting. I'm thinking of buying one more to strip down and make a track bike. Have 2085 miles today.

This is what Ive done so far after joining this forum. I installed everything my self except for the tires.

Rear tail eliminator/with led lights-Full Exhaust Yoshi r77 - block off plate - Dyno jet PCV- TST flush front signals with adjustable flash module- New Tires Bridgestone S20 (in the stock size) -rear seat cowl-R6 throttle tube-Ram GPS mount.

Coming soon: SS Superbike brake line's (front). Vortex 41mm clip ons with a 7 degree.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi! I'll be in Haines City the last 2 weeks in August.
I've never been to Haines city! Although I just googled it and it's right there haha, is there any good roads over there?

Welcome! Enjoy the R3! It's a fun little bike. If it's your first, there are tons of posts here regarding gear, riding, track days, mods, maintenance and everything in between.
Thanks a lot! Really enjoying all the content and communication so far! and the diversity of riders! Really excited to be a part of something bigger.

And freaking sweet bike @Braunbear666, I was considering the raven but there weren't any available in my immediate area! Loving all the mods, I ordered a few things already, I'm most likely gonna make a progress thread soon! (with pictures of course) Hows that phone mount btw??? I've been super sketched out to put one on...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Why so bad? I'm only renting a house there for 2 weeks as a base for a theme park holiday.
Yeah, there are some pretty killer deals in the area on vacation rentals since the area is so saturated with them.

The people there are horrendous. I'm sorry if anyone on this forum is Puerto Rican, but the Ricans there are savages. There is very real gang activity and make sure you watch out of Hondas running you off the roads racing each other. Be careful on 27 (the road you'll take heading towards Disney out of Haines City) there's tons of idiots on that road.

I loved living on the other side if Orlando and I love the diversity the city has as a hub of so many different peoples. But Haines City/Davenport/Kissimmee are full of some pretty rough people. There's an ongoing joke in the car community there that putting a giant wall up between Kissimmee and Orlando would keep all the idiots out.

Enjoy Disney though! You made a great choice to stay off property at a vacation rental rather than spending more for a small hotel room on property. While in Haines City, be sure to go by Mannys Chophouse one night. Great food, although the service can be a letdown at times. Make sure you call ahead.

·
Registered
68 Posts
3 years ago we rented a house in Cagan Crossings outside Kissimee for 2 weeks and didn't speak to anyone on the estate for the whole time! By the sound of it, if the same thing happens again this year, I'll be glad. Thanks for the tip on the chophouse, I'll try to check it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts